Travel: China - Haikou - Hainan

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.

Travel: China - Haikou - Hainan

Postby cblai » Mon May 10, 2010 9:19 am

My hubby & I are bring our 2 kids to Haikou end May ?Any suggestions on where to stay,where to go,what to eat etc????

Postby MMM » Tue May 18, 2010 4:06 pm

My sils just came back 2 weeks back. Do check the weather as they said it's very very hot. Hotter than Singapore that they felt that they are in oven. So you might want to dress appropriately, bring sunblock, hat,etc....

I am not familar with the place but sil mentioned that if you can speak hainanese to the taxi driver,etc... that will help in getting a good price for cab.

But they did caution about going to some seafood restaurant that charge by weight. According to them, they were trying to confuse them and charge exorbitant rate eg. S$100+ for a clam. They will make you "acknowledge" the weight of seafood, etc.... My bil was angry and told them that he don't want already and they said it's been cooked. He got fedup and told them that is their problem as he didn't sign anything and he wants to walk off. He is very big sized so probably they are scared of him as well. So just be cautious when you go to such places.

Travel: China - Hainan

Postby mwchua » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:57 am

hi all,

Anyone has gone on a tour package to Hainan Island ? Thinking of going there during Dec school holidays.

Any experience to share?

Return to Holiday Ideas