Where/How to take photo for baby's passport?

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.

Passport Expiring - less than 6 months from date of travel

Postby chixchix » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:36 am

Hii all, i went to make a booking to Hongkong, and I will be taking a SQ flight. now the problem is my child;s passport. I will be travelling out of Singapore on 18 june 2010 and coming back on 21 june ..my boy's passport is expiring on 15 dec 2010.

can he still travel ? Will there be any problems ..

chixchix
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby starlight1968sg » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:39 am

You MAY have time to make a new passport for your kid.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: help ! urgent

Postby Joy » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:40 am

why dont u quickly go renew his passport on line now.Travelling passport needs six months validity of the passport.Hope this helps.

cheers
Joy
chixchix wrote:Hii all, i went to make a booking to Hongkong, and I will be taking a SQ flight. now the problem is my child;s passport. I will be travelling out of Singapore on 18 june 2010 and coming back on 21 june ..my boy's passport is expiring on 15 dec 2010.

can he still travel ? Will there be any problems ..

Joy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:43 am

Go online to apply a new passport for your son. Do it now, do it today, do not delay anymore. Passport can be collected about 3 days after online submission, but problem it's school holidays now, so the processing time may take a bit longer. That's the tricky part.

Postby BlurBee » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:32 am

My mum encountered this problem during her last trip. Luckily the custom officer only gave her a warning. :sweat:
So its better to renew the passport now.

BlurBee
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:41 pm

BlurBee wrote:My mum encountered this problem during her last trip. Luckily the custom officer only gave her a warning. :sweat:

Problem is there are no that many 'nice' custom officers around! :sweat: So safer to renew the passport prior to travel.

Postby LKVM » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:59 pm

25hourmaid wrote:
BlurBee wrote:My mum encountered this problem during her last trip. Luckily the custom officer only gave her a warning. :sweat:

Problem is there are no that many 'nice' custom officers around! :sweat: So safer to renew the passport prior to travel.

Yes for my son they didnt allow and unluckily he had to stay back :cry: luckily MIL and FIL were there to look after :P

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:36 pm

Actually it is best not to wait till there's plan or intention to travel before renewing the passport, after all, we can renew our passposts as early as 9 months ahead (think that's correct the last time I checked) of the expiry date without compromising on the original date of expiry.

Postby BlurBee » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:07 pm

Agree with maid.
Last time I always thought that ICA will post a letter to remind us to renew our passport but not now. :P
Anyway, it is very convenient to renew online & I heard that if you make an online appointment for collection, the collection will be very fast too.

BlurBee
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:13 pm

BlurBee wrote:Agree with maid.
Last time I always thought that ICA will post a letter to remind us to renew our passport but not now. :P
Anyway, it is very convenient to renew online & I heard that if you make an online appointment for collection, the collection will be very fast too.

Yes, I think they no longer send out reminders or was it because I renewed my boys' passports way before the reminder was due.

Yes, it is very convenient nowadays, apply online and can even make an online application for collection appointment. I did not use that feature though as it was a bit difficult to co-ordinate the time slots with my boys' schedules, so in the end, we went down the first day my boys could spare the time after school one day but yes, I was told that collection with appointment is very fast, think within half an hour of appointment time.

Next

Return to Holiday Ideas