Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Which Country Suitable For Young Children?

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.

Re: Which Country Suitable For Young Children?

Postby floppy » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:09 am

annalee wrote:Can anyone recommend where are the best places to bring kids in Australia, Gold Coast?

Answers will depend on the age of the “kids”.

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Adelinechua » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:38 pm

Korea is quite suitable. My girls enjoyed themselves at the children's museum. It's full of hands on activities suitable for young kids. We spent three hours there and they refused to leave cos of the fun. The zoo is also in the area so it is really convenient. Eventhough the zoo is not very big but tye walk is enjoyable as it was winter when we went.

Adelinechua
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby galaxyraider » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:55 pm

annalee wrote:Can anyone recommend where are the best places to bring kids in Australia, Gold Coast?

Gold Coast is more suitable for older kids (upper primary and above). For younger kids, you should go to either Melbourne or Perth.

galaxyraider
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby cvl99 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:13 am

I've always believed that there's really no point spending too much if your kid is still really young, especially if you have to buy an air ticket, firstly, they may be too young to appreciate, every country may seem the same to them, they seem more fascinated by the hotel than the actualy country! Furthermore, my older kids don't even remember their holidays from they were younger! I think just nearby would be good, like bali, or if you want cool weather maybe Cameron Highlands or Bandung Indonesia

cvl99
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Li Bee Wah » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:39 pm

cvl99 wrote:I've always believed that there's really no point spending too much if your kid is still really young, especially if you have to buy an air ticket, firstly, they may be too young to appreciate, every country may seem the same to them, they seem more fascinated by the hotel than the actualy country! Furthermore, my older kids don't even remember their holidays from they were younger! I think just nearby would be good, like bali, or if you want cool weather maybe Cameron Highlands or Bandung Indonesia

Agree! Honestly anywhere that can escape the hot weather, can already! Singapore already has everything except scenery and cool weather, so those are the two things I always take into account

Li Bee Wah
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby floppy » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:14 pm

Li Bee Wah wrote:
cvl99 wrote:I've always believed that there's really no point spending too much if your kid is still really young, especially if you have to buy an air ticket, firstly, they may be too young to appreciate, every country may seem the same to them, they seem more fascinated by the hotel than the actualy country! Furthermore, my older kids don't even remember their holidays from they were younger! I think just nearby would be good, like bali, or if you want cool weather maybe Cameron Highlands or Bandung Indonesia

Agree! Honestly anywhere that can escape the hot weather, can already! Singapore already has everything except scenery and cool weather, so those are the two things I always take into account

It’s true that the kids will remember very little from their travels, but that’s not a reason to stop traveling. If the purpose of traveling is to satisfy the kiddos, you are doing it wrong. The first, and most important, reason to travel is because the parents want it, the kids are just there for the ride.

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby icekarchang » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:19 pm

Japan is pretty good, especially with disneyland and all, and if you have girls who love hellokitty that's a dream come true.

icekarchang
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby icekarchang » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:22 pm

galaxyraider wrote:

Gold Coast is more suitable for older kids (upper primary and above). For younger kids, you should go to either Melbourne or Perth.

What's the rationale though? Things to do or,

icekarchang
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby galaxyraider » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:00 am

icekarchang wrote:
galaxyraider wrote:

What's the rationale though? Things to do or,

Yes. Things to do. Gold Coast is full of theme parks and a lot of rides are only suitable for older kids; e.g.: roller coaster, drops, swings etc.

Melbourne and Perth are suitable for younger kids (and older kids too) as you can visit animal farms, playgrounds, take train ride, play toboggan (during winter), etc. Older kids can also go for snorkeling (in summer) or skiing (in winter). Other possible activities are penguin/dolphin/whale sighting.

galaxyraider
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby jdenver » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:23 am

Hi :) I'm here at Shanghai and it is indeed a lovely place. I think it's suitable for both kids and adults :) actually, I decided to hire a photographer to document my adventures. They're awesome and I love all the photographs. Incase you also need them, feel free to ping me and I'll help you reached them. Anyway, I so love this place and the people as well. :) wonderful experience indeed. Shanghai is a must visit country!

jdenver
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Ideas

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres