Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Which Country Suitable For Young Children?

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.

Re: Which Country Suitable For Young Children?

Postby galaxyraider » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:34 am

floppy wrote:
Li Bee Wah wrote:
cvl99 wrote:I've always believed that there's really no point spending too much if your kid is still really young, especially if you have to buy an air ticket, firstly, they may be too young to appreciate, every country may seem the same to them, they seem more fascinated by the hotel than the actualy country! Furthermore, my older kids don't even remember their holidays from they were younger! I think just nearby would be good, like bali, or if you want cool weather maybe Cameron Highlands or Bandung Indonesia

Agree! Honestly anywhere that can escape the hot weather, can already! Singapore already has everything except scenery and cool weather, so those are the two things I always take into account

It’s true that the kids will remember very little from their travels, but that’s not a reason to stop traveling. If the purpose of traveling is to satisfy the kiddos, you are doing it wrong. The first, and most important, reason to travel is because the parents want it, the kids are just there for the ride.

Bandung is good for kids. I visited Floating Market, Farmhouse and the deer sanctuary and my kids were having fun interacting with the animals. The weather was good too as those places are in the mountain area so the temperature was about 20 degrees in average.

galaxyraider
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby floppy » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:54 am

galaxyraider wrote:
Bandung is good for kids. I visited Floating Market, Farmhouse and the deer sanctuary and my kids were having fun interacting with the animals. The weather was good too as those places are in the mountain area so the temperature was about 20 degrees in average.

If you have an afternoon to spare, I highly recommend Saung Angklung Udjo in Bandung. It's a wonderful cultural performance and kids would enjoy the interactive segments, especially with the angklungs.

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby c00klemum » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:26 pm

Can consider bringing the kids to Taiwan too! A lot of kids friendly playground and cafe!

c00klemum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby CarenL » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:16 am

My first choice would be Bali, Indonesia! Bali has great weather and friendly locals who adore children. The diverse cultures, rich heritage, and exotic food are among the top reasons Bali is a fabulous destination for families. There are many breath-taking attractions here, including water parks and monkey forests. We've been to Bali for nth times and we surely love it there! Bali is definitely fun for young ones and those that are young at heart! ;)

CarenL
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby JessicaChang84 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:45 pm

I think Korea and Japan are the safest choices tbh, but of course they are more costly..

JessicaChang84
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby jliu76746 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:54 pm

The North Island, NZ! Kids will be enthralled by the sulphur stink at Rotorua, the tiny living lights in the glowworm caves of Waitomo and the bubbling pools at Hot Water Beach on the Coromandel Peninsula. Ahhh.. Love that place!

jliu76746
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby despmom99 » Wed May 23, 2018 11:21 am

Melbourne is good option. Puffing billy, farm stay, chocolate factory, science museum.

despmom99
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby irene_lammm » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:06 pm

Hong Kong is a great option! Half of it is city (like Singapore, except with better food), which is quite safe for children. The other half is made up of hiking trails, which is a great idea for a family outing. We only get the likes of MacRitchie and Bukit Timah in Singapore, so a chance to take on some more challenging trails is always great. Also a good idea if you're into healthy family activities.

And if you're worried about children not having the energy to hike, go in the winter period (Nov - Feb). The lack of sun and heat makes it a lot easier and more enjoyable.

irene_lammm
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby ssliana » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:34 pm

Think it would also depend on what kind of experience or exposure you'd like for them! I feel like a lot of parents tend towards more developed regions, for obvious reasons - food, comfort, ease, etc. But I also think it's worth exploring contained places in slightly more challenging or uncomfortable environments (i.e. All Green Learning Center in Khao Yai) - really do find that experiences mould children from a young age, and it's good to give them all kinds, not just airconditioned comfort. + cutting down costs!!!

ssliana
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Meiling090 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:20 pm

i think quiet villages are good for instilling a sense of calmness in boisterous children. they can experience greater connection with authentic nature

Meiling090
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Ideas

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres