would you travel to the Philippines again ?

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.

Would you visit the Philippines for holidays ?

Yes
14%
No
86%

Total votes : 21

would you travel to the Philippines again ?

Postby verykiasu2010 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:09 am

Hi, after what happen on Monday, would you visit the Philippines soon ?
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby BlurBee » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:23 am

No for me.
I also dun plan for travelling to Thailand.
Dun feel safe bringing kids there.

BlurBee
Councillor
Councillor

Postby MMM » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:30 am

To me, it's not everyday they have such incidents. People happen to be at the wrong place and the wrong time and a man gone irrational. I view it more as a one off.

But the mumbai terrorist attack that killed the Spore lawyer... It's our corporate hotel and my colleagues stayed there couple of weeks before the incident. Someone was recommending me to stay there as well. In fact, someone from my co. managed to escape in time. Since that event, I've never been to India. Avoid going.... never know what those terrorist are planning for. The likelihood of terroist is higher than irrational man?

Meanwhile for bangkok, yes I avoid that due to the riot,etc... don't want to be caught in a situation of those riots and stuck there. Hubby is concerned that I follow him there during his biz trip (he is also contemplating whether to go).... He is worried about me gg to those malls etc... that we used to go freely and enjoy. That is really sad for bangkok.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby vicki » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:55 am

No i wont go Philippines and Thailand.

Philippine:-
Yes, its a one-off incident. BUT it shows how ill-prepared and 'professional' their police force is. So, if 'law and order' is not in placed, how would i be assured that this one-off is really a one-off. Could be just that becos this is a 'hijack' thingy - thats why its broadcast all over - what about those other crimes (snatch thief/ robbery/ pickpocketing) against tourist? Probably not reported at all.

Thailand:-
1) Its super dusty and crowded and smokey and dirty in bangkok (thats what i rem from my previous holiday)

2) So unstable - RED/ YELLOW/ GREEN?/ BLUE??

vicki
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby MMM » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:01 pm

Just curious... what is nice about Philippines????

I've been there for business and rather enjoyed shopping for kids' stuff. It's alot cheaper and wide range of international brand to choose from. I also heard about nice beaches there but dun even know the names.

But other than business, Philippines is never on my holiday destination list.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby oclet » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:00 pm

Actually, philippine is the safest and cheapest country to go now... but too bad, this is not our holiday season......

oclet
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby mum03 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:30 pm

Philippines, in fact we have booked our year end holiday to Boracay in Philippines.

We will not be staying in Manila, then on second thought, anything can happen regardless of which country.
When we went to israel, many of my friends were surprised :shock: , but then we did not encounter any unpleasant sights.
If I want to avoid all these, then I might as well stay in Singapore :roll:

mum03
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby LKVM » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:32 pm

mum03 wrote:Philippines, in fact we have booked our year end holiday to Boracay in Philippines.

We will not be staying in Manila, then on second thought, anything can happen regardless of which country.
When we went to israel, many of my friends were surprised :shock: , but then we did not encounter any unpleasant sights.

As you said anything can happen in any country then it could happen here too :?

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mum03 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:34 pm

LKVM wrote:
mum03 wrote:Philippines, in fact we have booked our year end holiday to Boracay in Philippines.

Well Totally agree :pray:

mum03
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby LKVM » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:47 pm

mum03 wrote:
LKVM wrote:

Well Totally agree :pray:

yupz can just :pray: :pray:

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Holiday Ideas