Cruise - royal caribbean

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.
yqyq
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: Cruise - royal caribbean

Post by yqyq » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:18 pm

alicelauwf wrote:Hi yqyq,

How you do the advance booking for the van services?
You mean the phuket van services? I check at tripadvisor and saw his feedback not bad so I text him and he replied me via Whatsapp.

junemum72
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by junemum72 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:11 pm

We just came back last week as well.

The check in process was rather slow. Onboard, some information was not given correctly even when it was printed on the activity paper. There was chaos and confusion on first day.

We didn't get to enjoy the ice skating and rock climbing as the queue were very very long.

Overall I can say it was a good and enjoyable experience esp the kids love it.

juz_me
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by juz_me » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:59 pm

Hi,
Is child travel free with 2 paying adults a good deal? (3 adults and 1 child traveling).
Any feedback on the room with balcony? Thank you.

yqyq
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by yqyq » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:49 pm

juz_me wrote:Hi,
Is child travel free with 2 paying adults a good deal? (3 adults and 1 child traveling).
Any feedback on the room with balcony? Thank you.

I paid close to $1k per pax for 2 adults and a kid for cabin with balcony at deck 8 with US$200 credit on board. For 6d5n to port klang, penang and phuket via Mariner of the Seas

Kopi882
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Kopi882 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:39 am

yqyq,

what is the US$200 credit for? How to apply for it?
heard that juices on board is not free? Did you buy the drink package?

hnghng
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by hnghng » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:10 pm

1st time for cruise to Klang & Phuket on 8 Dec 2016.
May I know for formal dinner, can kid wear the T-shirt, jean & sport shoe?
Thanks.

hnghng
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by hnghng » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:10 pm

1st time for cruise to Klang & Phuket on 8 Dec 2016.
Thanks.

BraisedPorkBelly
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by BraisedPorkBelly » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:18 am

hnghng wrote:1st time for cruise to Klang & Phuket on 8 Dec 2016.
Thanks.
Can. If worried just bring a sweater/jacket along.

Take note to pay attention to the Cruise Compass (daily programme sheet). Usually day 1 have a parade by madacasar characters which will not be repeated.

Go for all the sit down dinners and night shows. In my opinion they are good. But if u missed the shows, it will be repeated on tv in the cabin the next day i think.

I recall there is breakfast with cartoon characters, meaning you can sit close to see their performance. But u need to call to make reservations the day before. First come first serve.

IMO, no need to go for the paid land tours at phuket. Because they will bring u to see nuts factories or temples (waste of time and boring for the kids). Instead, just get free tickets to go ashore, and there are many activities by the beach -- massages etc. Or u can take a short taxi ride to a nearby big mall too (http://www.jungceylon.com/) you can ask the crew about it for more details too. Can go for the facials there which i recall was very cheap.

Nothing much at port klang. We only alight to let kids buy chewing gums..

Hope the above helps.

hnghng
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by hnghng » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:53 pm

BraisedPorkBelly wrote:
hnghng wrote:1st time for cruise to Klang & Phuket on 8 Dec 2016.
Thanks.
Can. If worried just bring a sweater/jacket along.

Take note to pay attention to the Cruise Compass (daily programme sheet). Usually day 1 have a parade by madacasar characters which will not be repeated.

Go for all the sit down dinners and night shows. In my opinion they are good. But if u missed the shows, it will be repeated on tv in the cabin the next day i think.

I recall there is breakfast with cartoon characters, meaning you can sit close to see their performance. But u need to call to make reservations the day before. First come first serve.

IMO, no need to go for the paid land tours at phuket. Because they will bring u to see nuts factories or temples (waste of time and boring for the kids). Instead, just get free tickets to go ashore, and there are many activities by the beach -- massages etc. Or u can take a short taxi ride to a nearby big mall too (http://www.jungceylon.com/) you can ask the crew about it for more details too. Can go for the facials there which i recall was very cheap.

Nothing much at port klang. We only alight to let kids buy chewing gums..

Hope the above helps.
Hi BraisePorkBelly,

Thanks for the reply & advising. :goodpost:

Summer daze
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Summer daze » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:50 pm

Wow, seems like I got to take note a lot of things. Thanks for sharing, I'm going next week!! First time on royal :) been on star cruise. Heard that it's totally diff feeling