Cruise - royal caribbean

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.
Summer daze
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Cruise - royal caribbean

Post by Summer daze » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:52 pm

Thanks for sharing. seems like I need to be watchful of quite a number of things. 1st time on board royal next week!!

kimifin
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by kimifin » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:50 pm

I will b gg in June on voyager, first time on RC.
Stops at Penang, langkawi and Phuket.
Same question again, I won't be joining the shore excursions. And tried to ask the rc staff abt the ports. No exact ans. Hence may not pre arrange for private operator to pick us.
Penang- intend to just go local sights and goodies(but able to last for souvenirs for relatives 1 week later since it's the first stop)??? Any land iternary we can follow?
Langkawi-wanna go the cable car
Phuket- shop n eat at jungceylon

Pls advise if you can on approximate costs(2A2C) :thankyou:

Our Little Smarties
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Our Little Smarties » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:10 pm

I just got back from Mariner of the Seas last month. It was an awesome long cruise - 8D7N to Thailand and Vietnam. I've written two long posts about the cruise. :smile:

Mariner of the Seas Virtual Tour: http://ourlittlesmarties.com/2017/04/ma ... -the-seas/
Mariner of the Seas Review: http://ourlittlesmarties.com/2017/04/ro ... as-review/

Last edited by Our Little Smarties on Mon May 01, 2017 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

kimifin
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by kimifin » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:18 pm

Thx!!

Giggler1
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:3

Post by Giggler1 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:13 am

Read that lots of Indians come to Singapore to board the cruises. Is it true for RC too?

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:51

Post by Estéema » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:02 pm

Giggler1 wrote:Read that lots of Indians come to Singapore to board the cruises. Is it true for RC too?
Really? Thankful our previous trip wasn't in the situation u highlighted.

We had a great time with RC trip to South Asia. We've bought vouchers for our next trip as the rock climbing & other activities & performances were fantastic. Heard the North Asia leg is really worthwhile (Shanghai, HK & Japan) fr veteran cruise trippers.

There were just too many wonderful holidays to go to we never came round to doing ano cruise we're hoping to do.

Jen_11
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Jen_11 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:36 pm

Went once.. we actually just stayed on the cruise throughout, didn't bother getting off! We were kept quite entertained by the activities available on the cruise. Royal caribbean is known to be very fun, especially those more expensive cruises.

EllieK
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re:

Post by EllieK » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:08 pm

edunloaded wrote:I went for a site tour on the boat.

Actually I think it's not that impressive.

Tours will only work, if you have a few families with you, and the extra cash to pay for the family room.

The basic room is far too small, and it makes you feel like you are sleeping in a little tin can.

You can check out the room photos here:

http://www.edunloaded.com/sponsored-rev ... adventure/
Yes, this is quite true, made the mistake on my last cruise trip.

iluvcruising2
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by iluvcruising2 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:01 pm

From what I can tell, you either hate or love cruising. It is definitely not suitable for all. We cruised a lot more when our kids were younger. Now that they are a bit older, we do more land tours, though we still do cruise now and then.

We hardly cruise out of Singapore. The best cruises we have had brought us to exotic places with awesome scenery. Two videos to illustrate:

This was on board the Royal Caribbean ship Adventure of the Seas, where we also cruised the Norwegian Fjords. Check out the view from our aft balcony.
https://youtu.be/_AY9BwVSTHc

Sailing out of Milford Sounds, New Zealand, on board the Voyager of the Seas. A spectacular cruise.
https://youtu.be/hfnzUcMudfg

Dinah
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Dinah » Fri May 11, 2018 1:47 am

Jen_11 wrote:Went once.. we actually just stayed on the cruise throughout, didn't bother getting off! We were kept quite entertained by the activities available on the cruise. Royal caribbean is known to be very fun, especially those more expensive cruises.
Hi,

I would like to check whether the dining timing for "Main Dining Room" on board Voyager of the Seas can be pre-booked online? I could not find the option to do such pre-booking online.

Thanks!