Interesting Camp to Check out.

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.

Will you check out this website

Yes
50%
No
50%
Maybe
No votes

Total votes : 8

Interesting Camp to Check out.

Postby Perfectmumtoo » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:58 pm

Someone passed me a flyer this afternoon when I was at Raffles Place. It was some march holiday camp for kids. I came home and being curious... went to check out the website ... and guess wat... indeed the idea looks pretty interesting one.

It's supoposed to be a career camp for kids. I mean would any kids in this world ever bother about career at this point of their life? .... scratch head.... :?

The website mentioned something about giving kids a glimpse of their future would give them a new meaning to their current pursuit of academic excellence.... Sounds logic though....

Anyone keen to check it out and share more of your thoughts with me? I am just pondering if I should send my boy there...???? Anyway the website is www.trainingkids.com.sg

8)

Perfectmumtoo
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Wynfatherwyn » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:45 pm

Good Holidays activities are hard to find. I have tried several and the outcomes are average. Most of the time my son came back not knowing wat was done in the class.. I think that there are a lot of glorified tuition agencies out there doing things that we can do at home with some effort. I'm a supporter of holiday activities.. The kids need to do something different as a break from school life.. Went to checked out the website.. Looks promising, seems like something new. I have never come across career camps for kids before. The idea is sound.. Indeed I din find my kid believing in study.. Perhaps introducing the idea of career to them may give them a reason to believe or work hard.. My 2 cents :D

Wynfatherwyn
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby tankee » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:43 am

seriously. how many would stick to their career choice made at 7-12 yrs old? :?

tankee
Site Admin

Postby Wynfatherwyn » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:34 pm

You are certainly right.. Every kids' ambition is to be a doctor but how many made it.. I doubt my kid can name more than 5 jobs. Sign... Is it an exposure issue more than anything else.. By the way, anyone send their kids to camp invention before?? Any comments?

Wynfatherwyn
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby simplejan » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:04 pm

yea, i agree with what wynfather says. My dd's school organise a AK motivation camp for their P6 students as part of the pep-talk for PSLE and as a parent volunteer, i actually got to 'help out' at the camp. i hate to burst the bubble but ...... after seeing/attending the camp, i believe motivation camps can be too hyped up. it's like an adrenalin rush, that's about it. i do agree that the positive reinforcement methods are great but it takes the home environment to work hand-in-hand.

personally, i think holiday camps are great as it provides a positive engagement for our children instead of them just 'hanging out' at home. as a parent, i prefer to choose camps that my kids can acquire a skill and have fun, make friends or get outdoors.

simplejan
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby HappyFaye » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:50 pm

I am looking for holiday camp for my p3 n p5 kids. Any recommendation? How about Earnest Wong's SmartKids camp or Adam Khoo's camp or Mindchamp? I also heard a camp doing overnight stay at Underwater World. Any feedback?

TIA

HappyFaye
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ctct61t » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:38 pm

seems quite interesting, wondering whether send my DD to a camp or not...

ctct61t
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Return to Holiday Ideas