US Visa photo

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.

US Visa photo

Postby melody68 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:00 am

Does anyone have an idea where we can have our photos taken for US Visa application? :D

melody68
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:40 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby Idono » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:29 pm

Any photo shops will do this for you. Or use those automated machines.

Idono
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:05 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby ExpatMom » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:42 pm

They have a photo machine at the US embassy. It requires $10.

ExpatMom
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:23 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby worry_mum » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:27 pm

I tht via ESTA online? No photo needed ah...

worry_mum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:02 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby verykiasu2010 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:47 am

worry_mum wrote:I tht via ESTA online? No photo needed ah...


that is for those carrying passport of visa-waiver countries

and ESTA is valid for two or three (?) years only, after which have to re-apply but hassle free
Last edited by verykiasu2010 on Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 11696
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:06 pm
Total Likes: 2



Postby verykiasu2010 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:48 am

ExpatMom wrote:They have a photo machine at the US embassy. It requires $10.


I think this is the safest choice, just in case other photo kiosk got it wrong, waste time waste $$
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 11696
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:06 pm
Total Likes: 2


Postby xian_kai » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:34 am

Do you print out the ESTA ID, and attach together with your passport when you board the plane to US?

Also, anyone has encounter any problems entering the US though with a valid ESTA ID?

Sorry if my questions sound silly. I have applied for the ESTA successfully, and wonder what is the procedures like at the US airport.

Thanks

xian_kai
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 8:39 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby verykiasu2010 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:33 am

xian_kai wrote:Do you print out the ESTA ID, and attach together with your passport when you board the plane to US?

Also, anyone has encounter any problems entering the US though with a valid ESTA ID?

Sorry if my questions sound silly. I have applied for the ESTA successfully, and wonder what is the procedures like at the US airport.

Thanks


The ESTA should be printed out and be on hand, in case the immigration officer wants to see it. But so far they never requested to see. it is in their system

You should also update your new flight and new hotel details on the next trip using the same ESTA which is valid for 2 years multiple entry

ALSO, you are required to print out your e-ticket for your flights. Weird, US is the only country you are advised to have a print out of the e-tickets.

At the immigration counter, they will do your finger print for both hands 10 fingers on a touch pad, plus a photo using a webcam linked to their computer.
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 11696
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:06 pm
Total Likes: 2


Postby Trapwithin » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:30 pm

verykiasu2010 wrote:
xian_kai wrote:Do you print out the ESTA ID, and attach together with your passport when you board the plane to US?

Also, anyone has encounter any problems entering the US though with a valid ESTA ID?

Sorry if my questions sound silly. I have applied for the ESTA successfully, and wonder what is the procedures like at the US airport.

Thanks


The ESTA should be printed out and be on hand, in case the immigration officer wants to see it. But so far they never requested to see. it is in their system

You should also update your new flight and new hotel details on the next trip using the same ESTA which is valid for 2 years multiple entry

ALSO, you are required to print out your e-ticket for your flights. Weird, US is the only country you are advised to have a print out of the e-tickets.

At the immigration counter, they will do your finger print for both hands 10 fingers on a touch pad, plus a photo using a webcam linked to their computer.


Just to add. 10 fingers and thumbs are for the 1st visit.
Thereafter, it is just 4 fingers from the right hand.

Trapwithin
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1633
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:38 pm
Total Likes: 4


Postby xian_kai » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:22 pm

Thank you for the reply.

Had been reading some horrible stories on people having trouble at US airport check-point, that's why a bit weary.

xian_kai
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 8:39 am
Total Likes: 0


Next

Return to Holiday Ideas