June Summer School

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.

June Summer School

Postby 542la » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:23 am

Hello!
I'm looking for Summer School/Holiday Program for June, preferably one with Confidence Building:) Anybody can help? I tried Tien Hsia last year (way too difficult for my kids :D) and Julia Gabriel (kinda short, only 2.5 hrs a day :D) TIA! ^_^

542la
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: June Summer School

Postby justlynne » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:01 pm

can i ask why tien hsia camp is too difficult? i'm looking for a chinese camp...and i saw there's one at dempsey and was thinking of tien hsia

you may want to check out the golf camp by kindergolf and a skate camp by skate with us both cater for kids as young as 3

http://www.skate-with-us.com/summercampsingapore.html

http://www.kindergolf.com/seasia/programs/golf-camp/

justlynne
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: June Summer School

Postby 542la » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:59 am

Hmm....we think it's too advanced...i'm from jakarta and last year my kids joined the program with the children of my 3 friends from jkt and 1 friend from sg...2 of the girls are actually 1st ranks in their classes (our schools have mandarin subject) and all of them couldn't quite follow the program...
At first i thought it's bc we're from jkt so maybe the mandarin is a bit lagging, but we noticed tt the kids who raised their hands and answered the questions were only the ones who were tien hsia students, while sg non tienhsia kids couldn't as well :)
so this year i'm putting my kids in bilingual program in Hess (in katong) bc it's 4 hrs a day and they hv speech too...is little mandarins the one that u meant in dempsey? i've never tried that but if i'm not mistaken i think it's only 2 hrs per day..
Thanks for the info on golf n skate camps :)

542la
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Holiday Ideas