Travel: Krabi

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.

Travel: Krabi

Postby mwchua » Mon May 02, 2011 12:09 pm

hi,

Can kindly seek your advice on travel to Krabi during June school holidays? Eg weather will it be very hot? Any hotel to recommend which is relatively near to eating places?

Many thanks :)

Rgds,
Ming

mwchua
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: Travel: Krabi

Postby rigocampos » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:39 pm

Hi,
Locals enjoy June, July and August, since the weather is usually fine and favourite haunts remain uncrowded. The usual pattern is brief with heavy showers and plenty of sunshine between downpours. Everything is a little less expensive at this time of year, as well. Temperatures range between 70ºF and 90ºF (20ºC to 33ºC).
Have a nice time! :smile:

Mob's note - ads removed

rigocampos
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby whywhy » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:08 am

@mwchua
How is your holiday in Krabi? i also wish to visit Krabi in Nov. can u share with me your experience on hotel and makan ? i have 2 young kids. thanks

whywhy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Angelight » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:26 am

Between Krabi and Koh Samui, which is a better beach resort? Eg. cleaner beach, better food, more things to shop etc...appreciate any sharings cos DD has been asking to go to a beach resort. :)

Angelight
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Fairy » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:40 pm

whywhy wrote:@mwchua
How is your holiday in Krabi? i also wish to visit Krabi in Nov. can u share with me your experience on hotel and makan ? i have 2 young kids. thanks

My family and I went Krabi cum Phuket during the Dec holidays 1 and half year ago. Weather was hot, as usual. We stayed at Krabi La Playa, within walking distance to the beach and night market. It is not a beach-front resort but has big rooms, nice pools and idyllc compound. Buffet breakfast was not bad, though not fantastic. If you are afraid of mosquitoes, the resort sells mosquito repellent oils. We did not sign up for the optional packages from the hotel lobby as such packages are available at better prices just a short walk from the resort. We signed up for a 1 day Island hoping to Hong Island and 3 others which include pick up from the hotel, transfers by long tail boat, a simple buffet lunch, free snorkling gears. The fishes at the islands are aplenty, so, remember to pack some bread to feed them. The streets along the night market are lined with eating places/restaurants. There's also a Burger King and pizza outlets if your kids don't take spicy stuff - spoilt for choice, no need to eat at the resort.

If I am not wrong, you can only fly direct to Krabi by budget airline. We took Silkair to Phuket, stayed at Phuket, transfered by coach (2hr) to Krabi, stayed for 2 nights, took coach back to Phuket and stayed for another night before flying back by Silkair.

Fairy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby whywhy » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:07 am

thanks for the info. u r right only tigerair flies direct to krabi. how did u arrange by coach to krabi and how much did u pay per pax?

whywhy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby globalholiday » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:25 pm

hi there, never been there but I've heard from the friends of mine who visited the place it is really great and awesome. The resort where they stay serves sumptuous foods and they even have a pool as large as the Olympic pool. lots of places to visit there, and he even told me that night life is in the jive. parties along the beaches are present, foods are everywhere. but somehow he's not into spicy foods. I'm pretty sure Krabi is a place to visit.. hop[e I have the chance to get there..from the story of my friend I am thrill to get there.. :smile:

globalholiday
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby kelvinpl80 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:04 pm

Krabi is the best destination for travel tour. The climate is hot but the beaches and other things are attract the tourist to visit here. This is really nice place. Enjoy your trip.

kelvinpl80
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby karu » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:20 am

Any recent feedback on Krabi?? Thinking of going for a short trip in Mar with kids.

karu
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby happydl » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:31 pm

Hi,

You can refer to this blog. They went there with their children too including a baby. Very informative.

http://sengkangbabies.blogspot.sg/2010/ ... 10may.html

happydl
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Next

Return to Holiday Ideas