Any suggestions for holidays with 2 yr old toddler?

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.

Any suggestions for holidays with 2 yr old toddler?

Postby ningning » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:25 pm

I am tinking of an oversea holidays with my 2 year old toddler during CNY holiday. Anyone has any suggestiongs? Coz i feel bored of travellng with her to only neighbouring countries. But not sure can i handle a more far distance destination with her?

ningning
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:04 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Any suggestions for holidays with 2 yr old toddler?

Postby bebebub » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:56 pm

ningning wrote:I am tinking of an oversea holidays with my 2 year old toddler during CNY holiday. Anyone has any suggestiongs? Coz i feel bored of travellng with her to only neighbouring countries. But not sure can i handle a more far distance destination with her?

Australia is a kid-friendly place. Only thing is, their summer can be pretty hot. The coolest state is likely to be Tasmania, and you may need a bit more time.

bebebub
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1519
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:18 am
Total Likes: 8


Re: Any suggestions for holidays with 2 yr old toddler?

Postby pojo » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:05 pm

We brought our 2-year old to Gold Coast Australia some years ago. Make sure you check in early and ask for a Bassinet for the 2-year old. You will be given a first row seat with the bassinet in front of your seat. This way its more comfortable for both the toddler and you.

We brought along a stroller and visited places like Movie World, Sea World and Dreamworld. I think DD enjoyed visiting Currumbin Wildlife Sancturary the most as she was able to pat and stroke the Kangaroos. Also she was fascinated by some of the animals there. Generally its OK. No major problems.

pojo
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:39 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Any suggestions for holidays with 2 yr old toddler?

Postby MadScientist » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:18 pm

Australia Farmstay.

Laurimar Glen for Melbourne

Margaret River Hideaway for Perth

MadScientist
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:26 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Any suggestions for holidays with 2 yr old toddler?

Postby jtoh » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:35 am

Australia is a good holiday spot for a two year old. The flight to Perth isn't too long. Gold Coast has lots of activities for little ones. Visit the many nature parks for the toddler to interact with kangaroos, wallabies, koalas etc. Go to the farms, feed the baby animals... Good fun, fresh air and lots of space to run around in.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 10921
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:47 pm
Total Likes: 91



Re: Any suggestions for holidays with 2 yr old toddler?

Postby MadScientist » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:12 pm

jtoh wrote:Australia is a good holiday spot for a two year old. The flight to Perth isn't too long. Gold Coast has lots of activities for little ones. Visit the many nature parks for the toddler to interact with kangaroos, wallabies, koalas etc. Go to the farms, feed the baby animals... Good fun, fresh air and lots of space to run around in.


Swan Valley area in Perth has plenty to do and is easy to get around, even by car.

MadScientist
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:26 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Any suggestions for holidays with 2 yr old toddler?

Postby Vevey » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:29 pm

We bot our 2.5yo DS1 to Perth farmstay during CNY too. Weather was great during end Jan then.

Vevey
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 730
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:41 am
Total Likes: 1


Re: Any suggestions for holidays with 2 yr old toddler?

Postby cherrygal » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:37 am

Besides Oz, think u can consider any place with a nice beach. My kid enjoyed the sand much more than the theme parks. Must bring stroller coz kids this age will want you to carry... it's a hardship tour.

cherrygal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2886
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:01 am
Total Likes: 13


Re: Any suggestions for holidays with 2 yr old toddler?

Postby MummyThreeStreams » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:50 am

I agree with cherry gal. Beach resorts are worth considering. Just get a nice, kid-friendly resort, and relax for a few days. Actually, if you just park yourself mainly at the resort, you won't need to worry about traveling from place of interest to place of interest, and you may not need to lug the stroller around. Oh, if there is an attached spa at the resort, you can have a nice treat during nap-time as well!

MummyThreeStreams
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
 
Posts: 795
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:20 pm
Total Likes: 2


Re: Any suggestions for holidays with 2 yr old toddler?

Postby bebebub » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:36 pm

MummyThreeStreams wrote:I agree with cherry gal. Beach resorts are worth considering. Just get a nice, kid-friendly resort, and relax for a few days. Actually, if you just park yourself mainly at the resort, you won't need to worry about traveling from place of interest to place of interest, and you may not need to lug the stroller around. Oh, if there is an attached spa at the resort, you can have a nice treat during nap-time as well!

If your kid is the extrovert sort, can consider Club Med. Just leave the kids at Kid's Club.

bebebub
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1519
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:18 am
Total Likes: 8


Next

Return to Holiday Ideas