Any interesting Dec 2011 Holiday Programmes?

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.

Any interesting Dec 2011 Holiday Programmes?

Postby chatty » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:41 pm

Dear All,

Not sure if its the right place to post this.

Still deciding what to sign up my kids for to occupying their time during the Dec 11 school holidays meaningfully. I have 2 boys, DS1 is P1 this year, and DS2 is K1 this year.

Looking for interesting clinic, say bowling clinic or skating etc for my DS1. Or any intensive swimming lessons for both DS. Yet to start them on any swimming lessons, mummy keep procrastinating. :slapshead:

Any interesting ideas to share?

Greatly appreciate your help on this.

chatty
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:13 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Any interesting Dec 2011 Holiday Programmes?

Postby simplejan » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:56 pm

Chatty: there is a link here that you may find helpful. Got reviews on the programs by parents too.

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... 30&t=20780

simplejan
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:24 pm
Total Likes: 0


Affordable PA Kiddies Holiday Programme at CCs!

Postby loveemummy » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:11 am

Hey mummies! Here’s something for your kids during this upcoming school holidays! Over 500 exciting and affordable activities will be available at the Community Centres/Clubs (CCs) island-wide, with 68 exciting courses specially packaged to suit your children’s needs and interests.

Your little ones can unleash their talents as a dancing star or learn new skills as a little magician and Iron Chef. They can stimulate their brain through creativity and critical thinking or flex their muscles as a junior sports champion! This holiday, there is something for everyone, even Mum and Dad! Join in the parent-child sessions for quality bonding time with your children through happy shared experience!

Click on the link to explore the PA Kiddies courses we have prepared for you and your children!
http://www.lifeskillslifestyle.org.sg/p ... /index.htm

loveemummy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:02 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Any interesting Dec 2011 Holiday Programmes?

Postby Genius01 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:57 pm

Hi There,
Lately I send my daughter to this program which is 2 full days during the weekend.
and I ready see amazing inprovement in her... interm of learning, memory, concentration, creativity and more... and this program has parenting slots too.
I did learn some of the tips and how to handle my daughter better... don't mind to share you all of you..
my daughter and myself ready have good time during this program

Cheer !

Genius01
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:58 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Any interesting Dec 2011 Holiday Programmes?

Postby happymom_aa » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:38 am

Genius01 wrote:Hi There,
Lately I send my daughter to this program which is 2 full days during the weekend.
and I ready see amazing inprovement in her... interm of learning, memory, concentration, creativity and more... and this program has parenting slots too.
I did learn some of the tips and how to handle my daughter better... don't mind to share you all of you..
my daughter and myself ready have good time during this program

Cheer !



Hi,
care to share what program is that?
where can I get more details?

Thanks.

happymom_aa
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:40 am
Total Likes: 0



Re: Any interesting Dec 2011 Holiday Programmes?

Postby Genius01 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:08 pm

Hi Happymom_aa,
my pleasure to share this with all of you...
You can check out their website copy and paste below >>
http://www.geniusmindacademy.com.sg/ind ... emy.com.sg

Enjoy ...checking out... :please:

Best Regards,

Genius01
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:58 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Affordable PA Kiddies Holiday Programme at CCs!

Postby Oppsgal » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:50 pm

loveemummy wrote:Hey mummies! Here’s something for your kids during this upcoming school holidays! Over 500 exciting and affordable activities will be available at the Community Centres/Clubs (CCs) island-wide, with 68 exciting courses specially packaged to suit your children’s needs and interests.

Your little ones can unleash their talents as a dancing star or learn new skills as a little magician and Iron Chef. They can stimulate their brain through creativity and critical thinking or flex their muscles as a junior sports champion! This holiday, there is something for everyone, even Mum and Dad! Join in the parent-child sessions for quality bonding time with your children through happy shared experience!

Click on the link to explore the PA Kiddies courses we have prepared for you and your children!
http://www.lifeskillslifestyle.org.sg/p ... /index.htm


Only for 5 yrs and above :? 3 year old kid can join any course?

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1776
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 4:24 pm
Total Likes: 1


Re: Any interesting Dec 2011 Holiday Programmes?

Postby terencetoh » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:30 pm

Hi all,

there is a very interesting event happening on 11 Dec 2011 (Saturday) from 9am – 5pm at The Singapore Philatelic Museum. The event comprises a unique blend of family bonding activities that promotes creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship for your children, as well as educating on the importance of environmental protection and caring for the poor and needy. The activities are based on Kids Invent learning activities, co-founded by Dr Ed Sobey & Prof Timothy Sterns from the California State University. The activities are design to focus on Innovation, Creativity and Entreprenureship which are good stuff for the development of your child. You can visit the website at http://www.kidsinvent.com/ for more details. One of the co-founder of this programme, Dr Ed Sobey has also been interviewed by CNA. You can view the youtube video of the interview at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B0l9cdFSsM

This event is certainly a great way for you and your kids to do something meaningful as a family during this school holidays. Hope that helps!

terencetoh
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:54 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Any interesting Dec 2011 Holiday Programmes?

Postby anniechanbs » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:06 pm

I found this when I am looking for things to do with my kids. The activity sheet looks quite interesting and it's free!

http://www.handsonlearning.com.sg/Schoo ... nakan.html

anniechanbs
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:59 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Affordable PA Kiddies Holiday Programme at CCs!

Postby loveemummy » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:51 am

Oppsgal wrote:
loveemummy wrote:Hey mummies! Here’s something for your kids during this upcoming school holidays! Over 500 exciting and affordable activities will be available at the Community Centres/Clubs (CCs) island-wide, with 68 exciting courses specially packaged to suit your children’s needs and interests.

Your little ones can unleash their talents as a dancing star or learn new skills as a little magician and Iron Chef. They can stimulate their brain through creativity and critical thinking or flex their muscles as a junior sports champion! This holiday, there is something for everyone, even Mum and Dad! Join in the parent-child sessions for quality bonding time with your children through happy shared experience!

Click on the link to explore the PA Kiddies courses we have prepared for you and your children!
http://www.lifeskillslifestyle.org.sg/p ... /index.htm


Only for 5 yrs and above :? 3 year old kid can join any course?



Hi, there are a few courses for Age 4-5. Do check with the respective CCs if your 3 year old kid is able to join. Thanks! :)

loveemummy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:02 pm
Total Likes: 0


Next

Return to Holiday Ideas