Langkawi or Gold Coast??

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.

Langkawi or Gold Coast??

Postby angell » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:15 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to make last minute holiday plans. Could someone who has visited both Langkawi and Gold Coast before please recommend which one of the two I should choose? :smile:

Thank you! :smile:

angell
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Langkawi or Gold Coast??

Postby ptb7476 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:52 pm

the selection is obvious since budget is not an issue. i would pick gold coast ... more to do and see than langkawi ..but then i have never been to langkawi cos i simply cant find a reason to go there for holiday :P

ptb7476
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Blessed Homemaker » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:30 pm

If budget is not an issue, definitely GC for me. Besides the beach, you can visit the theme parks, sanctuary wildlife parks and farms. Lots more to do in Australia.

Blessed Homemaker
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Pen88n » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:34 pm

GC has much more to offer kids - theme parks, farms, etc. Langkawi is merely a beach resort. Price difference between the 2 is quite a bit, so depends on your budget. Also, if you have longer period of hol, make sense to go GC. If only 3 days or so, may not be worthwhile to spend $$ and time going to GC and back.

Pen88n
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby angell » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:50 pm

Hi ptb7476, Blessed Homemaker, Pen88n,

Thank you all for your valuable feedback. Gotta plan quickly before all the rooms are taken up....

HappyHolidays! :smile:

angell
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby bobonana » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:23 am

Hi Angell, when are you planning on going? Langkawi hotels are mostly fully booked already if it is CNY period.

Like what the rest above said, if budget is not a problem definitely Gold Coast, surfer's paradise is fantastic.

bobonana
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby mfseng » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:19 am

I also think that GC is an a vinous choice, if budget is not an issue. I have been to both places. GC had so much attract the kids as it has a lot of attractions, like 4 worlds, nature parks, tambourine national park, tropical fruit, whale watching if you go in June/july etc.... The weather is good. While compare to Langkawi, nothing much except underwater world, cable car, island tour, waterfall.

mfseng
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby angell » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:41 pm

Hi bobonana and mfseng,

Thank you for your feedback! I just saw them today...We've already gone for the trip and back. Only had less than a week, so went to Langkawi, some of the beaches are very nice, we thought even better than Oahu. Maybe Gold Coast for the next trip when we have more time and more time to plan too.....

angell
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby LianaKoh » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:55 am

angell wrote:Hi,

I'm trying to make last minute holiday plans. Could someone who has visited both Langkawi and Gold Coast before please recommend which one of the two I should choose? :smile:

Thank you! :smile:

If you wanna enjoy tropical breeze, can choose langkawi. nice natural scenery.
i went to langkawi just came back yesterday, planning to go again

LianaKoh
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby denbel » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:49 pm

Just came back from GC last sunday, a good place for holidays. Places we've visited included Currumbin Wildlife Park, Movie World, Tropical Fruit World, Harbour Town, Carrara Markets, Robina Town Centre & of course, Surfer's Paradise! By the way, we were there for 6 days so more than enough time to visit those places i mentioned but if you want to visit Dream World, Sea World etc maybe can cut down on the shopppings :)

denbel
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Next

Return to Holiday Ideas