WARNINGS : pick pocket (lugggage) inflight !!

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.

WARNINGS : pick pocket (lugggage) inflight !!

Postby verykiasu2010 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:09 pm

空中扒手横行机舱 专偷头顶柜行李内财物

(香港讯)空中扒手涌入香港,横行机舱,专选廉价航空下手!

据报道,香港往东南亚的多条航线,及中国大陆往澳门的航班,近年频频发生空中窃案,一批又一批中国扒手,联群结队在万尺高空的机舱内犯案,上月就有港人赴泰国途中,在机舱内成为一批“河南帮”扒手的目标,泰国警方在机组人员及乘客协助下,截获四名扒手。

上月15日,港人张先生乘搭泰国航空前往曼谷旅游。登机时他将手提袋放到头顶行李柜,里面有8000多元港币(1280新元)。他吃过飞机餐后倒头便睡,不久,有空姐拍醒他,叫他检查手提袋有否遗失财物。张感疑惑但照做,果然发现袋里8000多元港币不翼而飞。
专拣廉价航空 偷窃手法纯熟

“原来有几名香港乘客目击扒手偷我财物,于是仗义向空姐举报。有位香港女子,首先留意到四个平头装中国男人,在厕所门外交谈,但就分开机上不同位置坐,惹起她怀疑。跟住她留意到其中一个男人,不停打开头顶行李柜拿不同行李”。

疑犯最后拿下张的手提袋,鬼祟地走到机尾厕所门外搜索;张的手提袋属新潮品牌,与疑犯打扮极不相衬,令早已紧盯着他的女乘客更相信是偷窃,直接上前质问该男子。疑犯随即将手中的一叠现金捏成一团塞进裤袋,继而将行李放回原位。乘客于是再向机组人员报告。

完整报道,请翻阅06.04.2012《联合晚报》。

http://news.omy.sg/News/World%2BNews/St ... 25404.html
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: WARNINGS : pick pocket (lugggage) inflight !!

Postby tankee » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:08 pm

Duo nabbed for stealing on SIA flight

While the passengers of a Singapore Airlines (SIA) flight were watching videos or sleeping on Sunday, two men were helping themselves to valuables in their carry-on bags.

The duo, both Chinese nationals, rifled through the bags that had been stowed in overhead cabins looking for valuables. In one case, they struck gold - US$5,000 (S$6,300) in a laptop bag.

But an eagle-eyed crew member cottoned on to their game: By the time the Jakarta-Singapore flight landed at Changi Airport, the police were waiting for the pair.

Several such thefts have happened in the last month. Police reports have been made, and airlines and their crew alerted to this.

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNew ... 82118.html

Published on Mar 27, 2012

tankee
Site Admin

Postby tankee » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:11 pm

Passenger Caught Stealing From Another On Arik Flight

A passenger on Arik Air flight business class was on Wednesday accused of stealing N200,000 from another passenger shortly after take off.

Sources said that immediately the aircraft took off from Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport in Abuja, Nigeria’s capital, and attained cruising altitude, the passenger stood up and pretended to be looking for missing items in the overhead cabin, but his hand reached for a co-passenger’s bag and he removed N200,000 and hid in his pocket.

But another passenger who monitored the theft alerted a cabin crew and the business class thief was arrested and handed over to the police after landing at the Murtala Muhammed Airport in Lagos, southwest Nigeria.

Although the identity of the suspect has not been disclosed, sources said that the passenger sat on seat 3C on Arik Air flight W3 162 ABV-LO.

The Director of Security at the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria, Sir Wendel Ogunedo, confirmed the incident.

He said the matter has been handed over to the police.

http://trends.com.ng/2012/04/passenger- ... ik-flight/

Published On: Fri, Apr 6th, 2012

tankee
Site Admin

Postby tankee » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:16 pm

Air France Flight Attendant Accused of Stealing From Sleeping Passengers

An Air France flight attendant was arrested after passengers lost jewelry and cash from hand baggage while they slept, French newspaper Le Figaro reported Tuesday.

Prosecutors opened a case file after the cabin crew member was arrested at Paris' Charles de Gaulle airport and has confessed to theft, a judicial source said.

According to the report, the 47-year-old stewardess, referred to as Lucie R., went through business passengers' bags on 142 long haul flights out of Paris.

Police were alerted in January after five passengers on a flight to Tokyo lost the equivalent of around $10,000 in foreign currency.

The complaints sparked a six-month long investigation as detectives cross-checked cabin crew rosters with further theft reports.

Police say she confessed to 26 separate thefts, but believe she committed dozens more. They also found she had a bank safe-deposit box full of jewelry as well as credit cards, cash, blank checks and travelers' checks at her home.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/07/20 ... assengers/

Published July 20, 2010

tankee
Site Admin

Postby LOLMum » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:21 pm

Oh dear, every time when I travelled with the two kids, i left my stuff, passports n wallets, in my bag tucked under the seat. Obviously, when they were sleeping and I need to go to the toilet, got to leave them unattended. :sweat:

Looks like got to put them into a small bag for easy carry to ladies. If not maybe got to lock my backpack.

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby verykiasu2010 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:54 pm

to the pick pockets, the air plane passengers become their captive market
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Dnls_mum » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:20 pm

I tend to leave my bag under the seat in front of me too. While it is not 100% safe, I still think that it is safer there then in the overhead compartment as there is no reason for someone to reach for something under someone elses seat but they can always open the overhead compartment and reach into a bag that is not theirs.

Dnls_mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby caroline3sg » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:46 am

cash & passports are always with me in my handbag and I bring handbag with me to toilet. Only food stuff in hand luggage in overhead compartments. Don't understand why people put cash in hand luggage. And if people open the overhead compartment same as mine, I will sure look.

caroline3sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Holiday Ideas