Radiation poisoning from Japan??

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.

Radiation poisoning from Japan??

Postby Dnls_mum » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:48 am

I know recently that the ministry came out to say that there are no reported cases of radiation poisoning as a result of travel to Japan in Singapore.

BIL just told us that a colleague has been unwell since returning from her holiday to Japan. She went to see doctor who says that she has symptoms of radiation poisoning. He even told her that she cannot get pregnant for 7 years because that's how long the radiation stays in one's body.

We have asked BIL to ask her for more info, eg where she went and what's her symptoms.

Dnls_mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1785
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:37 pm
Total Likes: 23


Re: Radiation poisoning from Japan??

Postby cherrygal » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:17 pm

Frankly I dunno why pple still flock there. The air tickets and hotels are cheap for a reason. I dun even dare to buy seaweed and sea products from Japan anymore coz they poured the radioactive waste into the sea of japan.

Yes, pls find out where she visited and what she ate.

cherrygal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:01 am
Total Likes: 13


Re: Radiation poisoning from Japan??

Postby drwho » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:17 pm

i'm tempted by the low airfare & hotel rate, but seriously i'll not be going there anytime soon especially with kid in tow....

drwho
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:15 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Radiation poisoning from Japan??

Postby pinetart » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:30 pm

cherrygal wrote:Frankly I dunno why pple still flock there. The air tickets and hotels are cheap for a reason. I dun even dare to buy seaweed and sea products from Japan anymore coz they poured the radioactive waste into the sea of japan.

Yes, pls find out where she visited and what she ate.

Me too. I have not bought Japs products for a long time.

pinetart
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:44 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Radiation poisoning from Japan??

Postby cherrygal » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:59 pm

Experts say the radiation will take >25 years to disperse. So I guess I will visit Japan when I retire...

cherrygal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:01 am
Total Likes: 13



Re: Radiation poisoning from Japan??

Postby mother777 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:14 pm

Dnls_mum wrote:I know recently that the ministry came out to say that there are no reported cases of radiation poisoning as a result of travel to Japan in Singapore.

BIL just told us that a colleague has been unwell since returning from her holiday to Japan. She went to see doctor who says that she has symptoms of radiation poisoning. He even told her that she cannot get pregnant for 7 years because that's how long the radiation stays in one's body.

We have asked BIL to ask her for more info, eg where she went and what's her symptoms.


OMG this is so bad!
recently one of our colleague also went to Japan for a holiday..
but for me, I am still bit skeptical about this..

did you managed to know if the friend is doing well now? does she already have kids?
if not poor lady has to wait for 7 years before planning anything :(

mother777
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
 
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:24 pm
Total Likes: 3


Re: Radiation poisoning from Japan??

Postby auntieM » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:09 pm

:yikes: Wonder how long was she exposed to 'radiation' to kena so serious... .umm ..don't they need to issue health warnings if it is this scary?

auntieM
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 3554
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:43 am
Total Likes: 2


Re: Radiation poisoning from Japan??

Postby Brainkid » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:18 pm

Hi,

I do not know about how recent you meant for your BIL colic radiation poisoning. I hope she is okay. Where did she go?

I just came back from Japan, Tokyo in Dec last year. I became pregnant the next month. Now, it worries me if my baby is okay. I better check with the gynea.

But my 2cts of experience=> I will not go there!
Basically, my 2yo fell very sick on the 5th day after the Disneyland and we have to cancel our flight and rebook new tickets to fly back. He was vomiting for all that he ate and had diarrhoe.

Even when we met our Japanese friends, they were not confident of their own government. They mentioned that a lot of Japanese are planning for migration. For them, they are staying put like most Japanese as they do not know where to go.

So I guess, I will not go for the next 5-10 years at least.

Read this: http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpress. ... arthquake/

Brainkid
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:48 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Radiation poisoning from Japan??

Postby Dnls_mum » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:57 pm

Brainkid wrote:Hi,

I do not know about how recent you meant for your BIL colic radiation poisoning. I hope she is okay. Where did she go?

I just came back from Japan, Tokyo in Dec last year. I became pregnant the next month. Now, it worries me if my baby is okay. I better check with the gynea.

But my 2cts of experience=> I will not go there!
Basically, my 2yo fell very sick on the 5th day after the Disneyland and we have to cancel our flight and rebook new tickets to fly back. He was vomiting for all that he ate and had diarrhoe.

Even when we met our Japanese friends, they were not confident of their own government. They mentioned that a lot of Japanese are planning for migration. For them, they are staying put like most Japanese as they do not know where to go.

So I guess, I will not go for the next 5-10 years at least.

Read this: http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpress. ... arthquake/



Oh dear, you mean your baby was vomitting? Was it food poisoning? Did you manage to establish the cause? BIL did say that vomitting is one of the symptoms of radiation poisoning.

I'll bug BIL when I next see him. He is not the most social guy and doesn't talk or gossip much so I hope he goes ask his colleague.

Dnls_mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1785
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:37 pm
Total Likes: 23


Re: Radiation poisoning from Japan??

Postby cherrygal » Tue May 01, 2012 2:14 pm

Yesterday wanbao reported that some dishonest merchant in Japan labelled his products as produced elsewhere instead of Fukushima. So we never know how many dishonest merchants there are lurking in Japan. If you visit Japan, you have to eat the food served.

cherrygal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:01 am
Total Likes: 13


Next

Return to Holiday Ideas