Flying Scoot with children

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.
ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:75

Re: [Fun Poll] Holidays 2018 - Where You'll be Going

Post by ammonite » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:22 am

Honesty wrote:I took Scoot to Sapporo last year.... for seat wise, more comfortable than jetstar or tiger :) food is just so so, nothing great.
Can people bring their own food up along for budget airlines?

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:234

Post by slmkhoo » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:26 am

ammonite wrote:
Honesty wrote:I took Scoot to Sapporo last year.... for seat wise, more comfortable than jetstar or tiger :) food is just so so, nothing great.
Technically, no. But they aren't super-strict if you are discreet and the amount is small and not messy. I have seen someone being told they shouldn't when she started eating KFC on board! Not sure if meals on Scoot are "extra"?

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:75

Post by ammonite » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:30 am

slmkhoo wrote:
ammonite wrote:
Technically, no. But they aren't super-strict if you are discreet and the amount is small and not messy. I have seen someone being told they shouldn't when she started eating KFC on board! Not sure if meals on Scoot are "extra"?
Ah I see. Thank you! :)

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:208

Post by floppy » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:04 am

slmkhoo wrote:Not sure if meals on Scoot are "extra"?
They charge extra.
Hence, you will need to buy their meals or they could disallow you from consuming your own meals.

MyPillow
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:35

Post by MyPillow » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:18 pm

Seats are important , thks:)
Gd to hear that it’s better than js n tiger !
How does pre ordered food served in , disposable cutlery plates or solid plastic pieces n stainless steel fork ( just curious ;p

Zeit
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:15

Post by Zeit » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:33 pm

MyPillow wrote:
Seats are important , thks:)
Gd to hear that it’s better than js n tiger !
How does pre ordered food served in , disposable cutlery plates or solid plastic pieces n stainless steel fork ( just curious ;p
Have you tried those microwavable bentos (Soya Chicken, Nasi Goreng, Chicken Rice, Teriyaki chicken) from 7-11? Scoot offers similar ones onboard. They were not that bad to me. Disaposables not chinaware like in the photos.
http://www.flyscoot.com/en/fly-scoot/onboard/meals

The trick is you book their red-eye flight so that you won't be bored to death without any inflight entertainment. We slept thru until we reached Sydney in the morning. These days, people bring their own iPads with lots of Korean Dramas to watch or game apps to kill time. Please bring your own earphones. You can also rent the devices from Scoot.

Scoot is very spacious. I think you can upgrade to Biz class if you're big. My colleague's angmoh hubby did.

We're even thinking of flying to Athens via Scoot next year, but we have plenty of SQ mileage to redeem.

tankee
Site Admin
Total Likes:24

Post by tankee » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:42 pm

likewise

there were people eating their own packed sandwiches in our last scoot flight

Jellybeansg
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Flying Scoot with children

Post by Jellybeansg » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:26 pm

Thanks for share more info.

https://www.jellybeanparty.sg/

Andychx
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Andychx » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:33 pm

Scoot is only spaceious if u r taking their dreamliner b787. The rest are old planes. Ham & cheese sandwich is great, nid to ask the crew to microwave it.

EllieK
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by EllieK » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:10 pm

As with any budget airline.... scoot won't have free meals and all... so may have to spend a little for if your kids get hungry, bring a travel pillow and blanket because they probably won't provide.