Travel: Thailand - Bangkok

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.

Travel: Thailand - Bangkok

Postby IsaIvamum » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:16 pm

Original Title: Holiday at Thailand, Bangkok & Hua Hin

Hi Parents

We are going to Bangkok this coming Sept'09 school holiday.. & wanted to visit Hua Hin... Do anyone been to Hua Hin? Can have some sharing? Can someone recommand cheap Van rental with driver, that can drive us to Hua Hin from Bangkok...

Thanks

IsaIvamum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Holiday at Thailand, Bangkok & Hua Hin

Postby jenybc » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:37 pm

IsaIvamum wrote:Hi Parents

We are going to Bangkok this coming Sept'09 school holiday.. & wanted to visit Hua Hin... Do anyone been to Hua Hin? Can have some sharing? Can someone recommand cheap Van rental with driver, that can drive us to Hua Hin from Bangkok...

Thanks

Hi IsaIvamum,

By road, Hua Hin takes about 2.5 to 3 hrs, similar like going to Malacca,
however, if you are not so sure abt the location, it would be more adviseable for you to use the hotel pickup service from Hua Hin to pick you up in Bangkok...

i know its slightly costly but for safety reason... think its more worth it...
:D

jenybc
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

anyone has more information on a couple's resorts on hua hin

Postby mother_teresa » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:06 pm

i thought i saw this on one of the forum....i am keen to go to hua hin for a short break...any tips recommendations on a resort area...not too many kids pls...need some peace and meme time...

how abt this? http://www.anantara.com/ any feedbacks to share?

mother_teresa
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: anyone has more information on a couple's resorts on hua

Postby IsaIvamum » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:08 am

mother_teresa wrote:i thought i saw this on one of the forum....i am keen to go to hua hin for a short break...any tips recommendations on a resort area...not too many kids pls...need some peace and meme time...

how abt this? http://www.anantara.com/ any feedbacks to share?

Hi Teresa..

My family had just came back from Hua Hin... It is about 2 1/2 hours drive from Bangkok.. We stay in Sheraton Resort (at Cha'am) It is very nice & peaceful place , .. walking distance to the beach.. Nice beaches !! compare to Singapore :) My kids loved the resort especially the swimming pool.. We can excess to the Swimming Pool from our balcony directly (we are at the ground floor).

Following are a few places we had visited :-

We went to their Hua Hin Night Market where they sells a wide array of food, drinks, deserts, memorable souvenirs !! Nice seafood there too !!!!
The place is very very clean !!

Khao Tao : This small beach at the foot of Khao Tao Hill. It is located on a pine-fringed beach and is more secluded than Hua Hin. The signature of the place is a large Buddha image which faces out to the sea.

Hua Hin Railway Station : Built in the reign of King Rama VI, the station is one of Thailand's oldest railway stations. In addition, it is one of the country's most beautiful train stations with unique architecture.

Hua Hin Elephant Village : sit on the elephant and go for jungle trekking..

Khao Luang Cave : According to the guide there.. this cave is in the 3rd position.. 1st position is at Chiangmai.. 2nd is the one next to their Floating market.

Hua Hin Fisher Pier

Pa la U Waterfall

If you been to Pattaya.. Hua Hin is something different from it.. Should go..:)

IsaIvamum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby mummy of 2 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:35 pm

I went to Hua Hin some years back, and stayed in this wonderful resort, Aleenta.

http://www.aleenta.com/

Recommended for those who are going on a couples trip, without kids.

mummy of 2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Bangkok trip with 2yo tot

Postby spring » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:24 pm

//Moderator's note: Topics merged

Hi all,

i am thinking of bringing my 2yo to bangkok with my hubby,mil & sil. But i have some concerns....

Is it goin to be chalenging to travel e few hrs journey with her?
Wad r e necessity to prepare?
Which hotel wld u recommend? (i've been to arnoma n twin tower but tt was when im stil single)
Is it easy to find food tt is suitable for my gal to eat?
Is e water clean for young children? (need to prepare milk)

Hopefully anyone who had brought kids to bangkok wld give me some advices... TIA! 8)

spring
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

bangkok

Postby boliau » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:08 pm

great i will be in bangkok too on 25nov. staying at amari watergate. now got promotion. go chk out thier website

boliau
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby mckenzy » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:05 pm

. Is it goin to be chalenging to travel e few hrs journey with her?

not if you prepare her... drink water when there is cabin air pressure
etc etc

. Wad r e necessity to prepare?

the stuff you would bring on a normal trip overseas... milk powder, utensils, hotwater flask, bottled boiled water...

. Which hotel wld u recommend? (i've been to arnoma n twin tower but tt was when im stil single)

Amari Watergate is nice if you don't plan to use the subway much

. Is it easy to find food tt is suitable for my gal to eat?

there is NO food for your daughter to eat.
unless she's been trained to eat outside food, suggest bringing your own somehow

. Is e water clean for young children? (need to prepare milk)

nope

seriously, i wouldn't bring my primary-schooling kids to BKK... nothing for them to see nor do.

mckenzy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby EN » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:45 pm

I've been to Bangkok several times with my daughter when she was little. I stayed in Sheraton Sukhumvit (can't remember the spelling). She was less than 2 years old.

For the long journey, highly depends on the child's character. Do bring toys, books, things that will keep your child occupied in flight or things that they like to play.

What do I bring? Milk, medicine, ample change of clothing (light clothings that can be layered on), hot flask, wet tissue, things that you normally bring along when you bring your baby/toddler out.

I boil water in the hotel room and put them in a small hot flask when I go out. Food, she was less than 1 year old. I fed her cereal when we went out. I usually eat in the hotel, so, she will have broiled fish & mashed potatoes.

I brought her to the weekend market (Chaktuchat - dont know the spelling as well). Not the right place for a baby/toddler. It's extremely hot & dusty. For shopping mall, not much of a problem.

Where to stay? Best to stay near the transit train or at the heart of the mall. I just came back from Bangkok about a month ago. I stayed in Centara Grand same building as the World Trade Centre.

Don't worry too much about bringing a toddler/baby when travelling. I was out working 8am-6pm. My husband was the one looking after my daughter walking around in the city of Bangkok alone. He didn't face any problem (except toilet issue) when he was alone with the baby. You have mil, hubby and sil with you.

By the way, what are your plans in Bangkok? You might want to list down as some places are really not meant for baby or toddler to enjoy.

EN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby nani » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:02 pm

I NEVER use their tap water to boil, I ALWAYS use bottle water.

nani
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Holiday Ideas