Travel: Thailand - Bangkok

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.
partime-mum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Travel: Thailand - Bangkok

Post by partime-mum » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:27 pm

I am planning to bring my kids to Bangkok for 1week in June. I am planning to go Chatuchak Market, Maeklong Railway Market, Amphawa Floating Market and Siam Safari. Has any parents brought the kids there? Is the itinerary too adventurous for 8 and 10yrs old kids? Any recommendation for places to visit in Bangkok? Any recommendation for reliable driver?

puff
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by puff » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:10 am

Any good tailor to recommend ? My dh wants to make some tailored pants. Don't need the super high quality and expensive type just avg tailored pants.

Susan Koh
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Susan Koh » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:03 pm

puff wrote:Any good tailor to recommend ? My dh wants to make some tailored pants. Don't need the super high quality and expensive type just avg tailored pants.
My hubby goes to this tailor called The Boss Avenue
Address is:
119, Sukhumvit Road betweeen Soi 5-7,
Klongtoey –Nue, Wattana, Bangkok, Thailand 10110

You can take the BTS to Nana station and walk there.

dsmum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by dsmum » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:14 pm

hi how much is tailor charge for a suit?

i am travelling to bkk on 12june -17june

any advise where to visit ? eg Must go places

(this is not my 1st time to bkk- but last time mostly is eat n shop - been to floating mkt n the railway mkt)
what else good place to visit?

tia

KiddyLow
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by KiddyLow » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:51 am

Hi

Planning to go BKK in Dec. Any recommendation for good seamstress
for ladies pants and jacket? Usually how long does it take and what is the pricing like? Tks

Oh My Gosh
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:20

Post by Oh My Gosh » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:44 pm

Planning a trip to BKK in October - I heard tickets to theme parks are much cheaper for locals than tourists?
Does anyone have any experiences how to go about getting the cheaper tickets? Get any locals to buy the tickets for us?

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:225

Post by floppy » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:39 pm

Oh My Gosh wrote:Planning a trip to BKK in October - I heard tickets to theme parks are much cheaper for locals than tourists?
Does anyone have any experiences how to go about getting the cheaper tickets? Get any locals to buy the tickets for us?
Locals get cheaper tickets and you would need IDs for those tickets. Don't see the point with all the hassle in trying to get those cheaper tickets given that their farang tickets are fairly affordable.

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:223

Post by jetsetter » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:20 pm

Oh My Gosh wrote:Planning a trip to BKK in October - I heard tickets to theme parks are much cheaper for locals than tourists?

You in BKK yet?

http://www.todayonline.com/world/asia/t ... ving-badly

What The
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:9

Post by What The » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:33 pm

floppy wrote:
Locals get cheaper tickets and you would need IDs for those tickets. Don't see the point with all the hassle in trying to get those cheaper tickets given that their farang tickets are fairly affordable.
floppy, what do you mean by "farang"? I know the full priced theme park tickets >1000THB which is about SGD 40-50.
OMG, I guess it is ok to get locals who happen to be at the theme parks, to buy the tickets for you. but maybe others who has done it before can confirm.

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:225

Post by floppy » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:08 pm

What The wrote:
floppy wrote:
floppy, what do you mean by "farang"? I know the full priced theme park tickets >1000THB which is about SGD 40-50.
OMG, I guess it is ok to get locals who happen to be at the theme parks, to buy the tickets for you. but maybe others who has done it before can confirm.
Farang = European = Ang Moh.

It is not ok to get locals to buy the tickets for you. Practice is frown upon.