Travel: Indonesia - Batam/Bintan

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.
Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:153

Re: Travel: Indonesia - Batam/Bintan

Post by Sun_2010 » Thu May 16, 2013 3:28 pm

buds wrote:Their villas are too beautiful for words aye? :please:
Really!!
We wanted to go some place the kids could enjoy and gramps could relax too.

Really I am the last minute planner :slapshead: By the time every thing is planned out and executed, i sure need the vacation :laugh:

elkniwt
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by elkniwt » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:51 pm

Hello,

Has anyone tried the Harris Waterfront Resort at Batam? Any comments.

Thanks.

schen
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by schen » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:02 am

Hi, anyone been to Nirwana resort hotel recently? There r some comments that their beach has tar/solidified oils... How bad is it? Not worth going for the moment? Plan to go in June holidays.....

vfong1
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by vfong1 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:50 am

Any good villas to recommend for family with kids to stay in Bintan or batam

happydl
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by happydl » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:46 am

vfong1 wrote:Any good villas to recommend for family with kids to stay in Bintan or batam
batam : Montigo Resort. Some of the bloggers review:
http://www.cheekiemonkie.net/2013/10/he ... ntigo.html
http://www.thewackyduo.com/2014/01/mont ... villa.html

Bintan:
http://indra.nirwanagardens.com/
http://www.banyantree.com/?utm_source=G ... jgod-I8Aeg

MMM
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:82

Post by MMM » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:08 pm

We recently stayed in BCC Hotel Batam and the rooms were very very spacious and we were wow by it. Their breakfast is so so. But BCS mall is right beside the hotel, there is also a food court behind the hotel. We only stayed for a night but we all felt that 2 would be just nice.

It's been 12 years since we last visited Batam and the feeling is totally different. They also have those "premium" cafe which has the super comfy sofas. We had lunch at one of those cafe at the megamall while waiting for our ferry home. Price was very reasonable. Eg. S$9 per person include set lunch and drinks.

The kids want to visit Batam again. The go-kart, paintball enticed them. Similar with the kueh lapis, crackers, outlet shopping and cheap food. Overall a good experience.

The next time we visit, I would choose a private tour so that we get to pick where we like to go.

micollh
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by micollh » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:27 am

Any sharing on Kelong batam ?

nemofc
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:5

Post by nemofc » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:58 am

I'm planning to go bintan resort, any child friendly one can recommend?
Thanks

Blue Pearl
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Post by Blue Pearl » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:48 am

Tks MMM. Did you go to Batam by ferry? Heard from my colleagues that you need to be superb early to take the ferry? How do we take a private tour? Was thinking of goind duirng CNY holidays. Is it wise or would it be more expensive?

MMM
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:82

Post by MMM » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:09 pm

Blue Pearl wrote:Tks MMM. Did you go to Batam by ferry? Heard from my colleagues that you need to be superb early to take the ferry? How do we take a private tour? Was thinking of goind duirng CNY holidays. Is it wise or would it be more expensive?
Yes, we went by ferry. There are different timing and yes, I think it was early. I think we took the 8am ferry but to take that ferry, you have to reach much earlier (eg. 6-7am) to get the ticket, "check in", go through immigration, etc...

You might want to check with the Spore agent if they offer private tour. Observed that the Spore agent we went with was using a big local agent. They told me they do private tour but I need to find if I still have their information....

I suppose with private, it will be more expensive since the group is smaller and potentially customisation. Would suggest you skip the seafood lunch (even if it is complimentary). I rather pay and do something different. It wasn't impressive at all... the giant flies that were buzzing around, serving size was miserable (that we felt hungry after meal...), etc... we had so much more satisfaction dining at the mall near our hotel. Cheap and good.

Personally, I would give the following a miss :
* Chocolate place (some were imported and definitely not cheap). I rather buy it in Singapore.
* Seafood restaurant

I like batam for simple dining, shopping and it exceeded my expectation. Looking for an opportunity to visit again.