Travel: Indonesia - Batam/Bintan

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.
Blue Pearl
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:1

Re: Travel: Indonesia - Batam/Bintan

Post by Blue Pearl » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:33 pm

Tks MMM . I will be gg with my gal 8 yrs old. In your opinion, what will be good for them besides shopping. Which hotel do you stay as you mention that there was a shopping mall beside the hotel.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:82

Post by MMM » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:08 pm

Blue Pearl wrote:Tks MMM . I will be gg with my gal 8 yrs old. In your opinion, what will be good for them besides shopping. Which hotel do you stay as you mention that there was a shopping mall beside the hotel.
Hi,

My kids asked to go back for paintball game. At the same place, they also have flying fox (which quite a no. of children in our group) tried. Go-kart is another attraction.

My kids surprising "enjoy" the shopping in batam...

DJKA
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by DJKA » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:44 pm

Hi,

May i know where is the place to play the paintball, Flying fox and go kart?

And any good hotel to recommend for me with 2 Adults and 3 kids.

thank you

marmum
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by marmum » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:35 pm

Am planning to go for a short trip to Bintan. Any recommended hotel, activities there? Also, any good restaurants and local taxi/ car with driver that we can use for half a day/ full day sight seeing?

Could not find much info on the above. I understand that there is a new shopping mall called Plaza Lagoi next to Swiss Belhotel, any comments?

TIA, Marmum

happydl
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by happydl » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:09 am

I stayed at Swissbel harbourbay hotel last July. You can walk to the hotel from Harbourbay ferry terminal. Hotel is nice and good service. Seafood restuarants within walking distance (near the ferry terminal).

There is a supermarket below the shopping mall beside the hotel. This supermarket price is so much cheaper than Nagoya supermarket. JCO donuts also in the shopping mall beside the hotel. I think is ard S$6 for 12 donuts. I went that time the shopping mall is still very new, not all shops occupied yet.

You may take taxi around 50K rp to Nagoya shopping mall or go massage with those who provide free two way pick up service. We went to GO Massage. They pick you up and drop you at any place you want.

Harbourbay swissbel have very good spread of breakfast.

dawsonmummy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by dawsonmummy » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:19 pm

Im planning a short weekend getaway with my husband for a spa retreat. Can anyone recommend a nice but not too expensive spa resort in batam / bintan?

marmum
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by marmum » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:21 am

You can try Swiss Belhotel at Bintan.

magnette
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by magnette » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:41 am

Think the most posh resort in Batam is the Montigo? Some of my friends go there, but I feel it's quite pricey.

lifestylelink
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by lifestylelink » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:45 pm

dawsonmummy wrote:Im planning a short weekend getaway with my husband for a spa retreat. Can anyone recommend a nice but not too expensive spa resort in batam / bintan?

I went to Bintan Spa villa and had the most relaxing time there. Small Villa with great variety of food, outdoor jacuzzi, mini golf, karaoke, scuba diving, table soccer etc. Nice ambience, during low tide, you can walk out to the sea. :imcool: onsite massage and hammock with new swimming pool.

zbear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:67

Post by zbear » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:26 am

Is Bintan/Batam affected by haze?

Nowadays, must find out first which places are Haze or Non Haze Zones.
:smile: