Travel: Indonesia - Batam/Bintan

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.
dash88
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:3

Re: Travel: Indonesia - Batam/Bintan

Post by dash88 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:15 pm

Anambas Island 28 April - 03 May
Rated Asia’s best Tropical Islands Paradise by CNN
http://www.meetup.com/Travelepanions/events/226585570/

klh
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by klh » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:23 pm

looking for a staycation with young kids. bintan or batam resort better?

Dnls_mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:23

Post by Dnls_mum » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:00 pm

klh wrote:looking for a staycation with young kids. bintan or batam resort better?
I prefer Bintan. Maybe because every time I visit Batam it is to visit a factory or a shipyard :siam:

www.mumstravels.com

JR
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by JR » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:42 pm

Appreciate if someone could confirm if the hotel and ferry terminal accept S$. Do not want the hassle of changing currency just for a one night trip.

Thank you.

lifestylelink
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by lifestylelink » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:33 am

JR wrote:Appreciate if someone could confirm if the hotel and ferry terminal accept S$. Do not want the hassle of changing currency just for a one night trip.

Thank you.
Hotel will accept credit card and S$. But it will be counted in Rp then charge in S$. Not sure about ferry but everything else, eateries and shopping you need to pay Rp.

happydl
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by happydl » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:59 pm

I thought now all Batam and Bintan have to accept ruppiah only now. Cannot accept Singapore dollars anymore?

lifestylelink
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by lifestylelink » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:19 am

The govt is supporting their Rp currency, so all payment in Rp. For hotel that do currency conversion, you are still paying in Rp but paying in S$ for conversion. I think best to ask the hotel that you are targeting at time of travel, policy changes dynamically. I would just charge to credit card, get a CIMB card (free for life), they have promotion for F&B in Indo from time to time.

JR
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by JR » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:12 pm

We went to Batam recently and like what lifestylelink mentioned all cash payment is in Ruppiah. Definitely must have Rp 65000 per pax for the ferry tax.

JR
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by JR » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:17 pm

At Harris Waterfront Resort, you can apply for their membership card (Tauzia) at the check in or even at the café counter. Membership is FOC and that entitles you discount for F&B and massage. Even when we mentioned our card no. at the Japanese/Korea restaurant located in the hotel ground (not under the hotel management) it gave us discount (I think 10%) as well.

ptb7476
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Post by ptb7476 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:38 pm

lifestylelink wrote:
JR wrote:Appreciate if someone could confirm if the hotel and ferry terminal accept S$. Do not want the hassle of changing currency just for a one night trip.

Thank you.
Hotel will accept credit card and S$. But it will be counted in Rp then charge in S$. Not sure about ferry but everything else, eateries and shopping you need to pay Rp.
dont do that .. u will lose out on exchange rate if you allow them to do that