Wanna to know some good places for holiday?

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.

Wanna to know some good places for holiday?

Postby aarin » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:16 pm

Hello friends, my family plan for holiday for 2 weeks and we not decided which place is better for us and where we get good environment. So please tell me name of good places if anyone had a family trip experience before.
Thanks..

aarin
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Wanna to know some good places for holiday?

Postby verykiasumummy » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:47 pm

i'm going to seoul for almost 2 weeks in nov too... not been there before so cant share.. but i simply cant wait to go...

tried going hk and china (shanghai and beijing) with my family and find it very family friendly...

not much of a problem for language n food so its the best i think...

verykiasumummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Dnls_mum » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:23 pm

It all depends on your budget and age group.
The world is huge, you may want to first decide between eg Asia, Europe, USA or even downunder. Cold or warm weather? All holidays are fun! :imcool:

Dnls_mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ptb7476 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:58 am

i also dwelling where to go for holiday

my DS will be 2 yrs coming nov but no idea where to go

i have checked with agency for package tour and realised his package fare is only 300 cheaper than adult fare and issue is he doesnt have a separate bed and he doesnt eat most of the thing provided on the tour

so thinking where can i DIY to ...

been to hK, bintan and Germany earlier of the year already

any suggestion of a DIY trip ?

ptb7476
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Dnls_mum » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:24 pm

I find that with toddler kids they really can't tell the difference between a faraway expensive holiday or a nearby holiday. From experience with my own kids, all they need is good beach and pool, even though we stay in a condo and has a pool downstairs. Somehow resort pool is always fun.

So I would suggest a nearby beach resort or even a short cruise. I have done these with my kids when they were young and they love it. I recently came back from a short family trip to the Tanjung Rhu resort in Langkawi and it is truly excellent. Defy all poor reviews of Langkawi. I have been to luxurious resorts all over Asia and I must say the Tanjung Rhu did not disappoint. My DD even said that she preferred our Langkawi holiday to our NZ holiday last year as NZ only had mountains and lakes! :shrug: Check out my review of the Tanjung Rhu. But don't tell too many people about this place otherwise it loses its exclusive atmosphere :please:

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... 1&start=50

But since you have been to Bintan and so may not want to go to another beach resort, than a cruise could be fun too.

Frankly, I DIY most of my trips and you can DIY anything you want. With young kids DIY allows you to enjoy your vacation on a more leisurely pace.

Dnls_mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

1 people like this post

Postby bebebub » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:42 pm

Almost any Aussie state is good for family holiday, even DIY. Just make sure the driver is used to driving overseas, pace the itinerary and avoid driving under fatigue/night conditions.

Most places are child friendly.

bebebub
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ptb7476 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:21 am

Dnls_mum wrote:I find that with toddler kids they really can't tell the difference between a faraway expensive holiday or a nearby holiday. From experience with my own kids, all they need is good beach and pool, even though we stay in a condo and has a pool downstairs. Somehow resort pool is always fun.

So I would suggest a nearby beach resort or even a short cruise. I have done these with my kids when they were young and they love it. I recently came back from a short family trip to the Tanjung Rhu resort in Langkawi and it is truly excellent. Defy all poor reviews of Langkawi. I have been to luxurious resorts all over Asia and I must say the Tanjung Rhu did not disappoint. My DD even said that she preferred our Langkawi holiday to our NZ holiday last year as NZ only had mountains and lakes! :shrug: Check out my review of the Tanjung Rhu. But don't tell too many people about this place otherwise it loses its exclusive atmosphere :please:

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... 1&start=50

But since you have been to Bintan and so may not want to go to another beach resort, than a cruise could be fun too.

Frankly, I DIY most of my trips and you can DIY anything you want. With young kids DIY allows you to enjoy your vacation on a more leisurely pace.

yah our DS love to swim a good resort with swimming and space to run would be fun for him :lol:

langawi nice ? i have try many time to go there but everytime i research i will see bad review :nailbite: and i will terminate the idea :wink: maybe i can reconsider that place ...

as for Aust or NZ that is out for us cos we dont liek summer which we have it here 365days...we always try to go for spring autumn or winter...
summer is only good for resort where u can laze on the beach or by the pool doing nothing :rotflmao:

ptb7476
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Dnls_mum » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:09 am

ptb7476 wrote:langawi nice ? i have try many time to go there but everytime i research i will see bad review :nailbite: and i will terminate the idea :wink: maybe i can reconsider that place ...

as for Aust or NZ that is out for us cos we dont liek summer which we have it here 365days...we always try to go for spring autumn or winter...
summer is only good for resort where u can laze on the beach or by the pool doing nothing :rotflmao:

I must qualify that Langkawi is nice at the Tanjung Rhu resort. Other resorts may be of different standard. The Tanjung Rhu is not a std Malaysian hotel. Check out the website and the reviews on TA. They are excellent and i must say i absolutely agree. But it doesn't come cheap :( :moneyflies:

I don't really like Australia now. The scenery is really nothing much. NZ has nicer scenary. And with that kind of exchange rate, better go US or Europe. Shopping also no big deal. Aussies are not up there when it comes to fashion, can be pretty dowdy. :sick: Theme parks in Aust are also not up to USA std. In fact I think even Universal Studios Singapore better then their Movie World. I went Movie World twice with a gap of 10 years in between and the police academy show and jokes were identical! :yikes: Nothing changed!

And summer in NZ is definitely no where near warm or hot! It is too far south. We need windbreakers!! Imagine it is a country with glacier 365 days a year. How will it ever get hot like here? :scratchhead:

Dnls_mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ptb7476 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:18 pm

Dnls_mum wrote:
ptb7476 wrote:langawi nice ? i have try many time to go there but everytime i research i will see bad review :nailbite: and i will terminate the idea :wink: maybe i can reconsider that place ...

I must qualify that Langkawi is nice at the Tanjung Rhu resort. Other resorts may be of different standard. The Tanjung Rhu is not a std Malaysian hotel. Check out the website and the reviews on TA. They are excellent and i must say i absolutely agree. But it doesn't come cheap :( :moneyflies:

I don't really like Australia now. The scenery is really nothing much. NZ has nicer scenary. And with that kind of exchange rate, better go US or Europe. Shopping also no big deal. Aussies are not up there when it comes to fashion, can be pretty dowdy. :sick: Theme parks in Aust are also not up to USA std. In fact I think even Universal Studios Singapore better then their Movie World. I went Movie World twice with a gap of 10 years in between and the police academy show and jokes were identical! :yikes: Nothing changed!

And summer in NZ is definitely no where near warm or hot! It is too far south. We need windbreakers!! Imagine it is a country with glacier 365 days a year. How will it ever get hot like here? :scratchhead:

tanjong rhu is malaysian owned right ? well my hubby only into international resort... and that being the one opp tanjong rhu but i am not willing to pay that price cos at that price or add somemore i can go other location which offer much better one

yes agreed that usa and europe is the one ...but we just went germany in august so not keen to go back that area so soon ...

well diff pple has diff tolerant for cold ... and ours is good we even walk out in t-shirt in winter hokkaido lolz ...i know that is crazy but love the feeling :rotflmao:

actually i have been to Aust before frankly speaking i find them quite bored so not keen that why i have run out of places to go :cry:

ptb7476
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby fujiringo » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:14 pm

We signed up a package with a reputable agent and going over to China this year end.

Prefer to go DIY at mid year, but if it's year end, just too lazy to plan, so prefer to sign up a package and let the local coach bring us around. So usually for us, China is preferable :-P

fujiringo
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Holiday Ideas