Mount Ophir/ Gunung Ledang

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.

Mount Ophir/ Gunung Ledang

Postby Gooby » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:50 pm

Hi,

Am planning to drive from SG to Mount Ophir. Anybody can advice how to go there?

Gooby
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Mount Ophir/ Gunung Ledang

Postby Gooby » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:37 am

Finally brought my kids to Mount Ophir last week and visited the waterfall.
We had much fun trekking about 30 mins to reach the waterfall and the water was really cold and refreshing. Spent 2 hrs relaxing and playing at the falls. We also ate nice and good local durians, 88 and 101 at the town.

For those of you interested to bring your kids there, its very straight forward and easy. From NS highway, turn out to Tangkak at exit 235, turn right at the T-junction after paying toll. (The trip from Johor to Tangkak is about 2 & 1/2 hours drive) Drive all the way and you will by pass Tangkak town and Sagil. After about 30 mins drive, you will see a sign that says Gunung Ledang Resort where you can turn in on the left.

Gooby
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby icy_mama » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:44 am

hi gooby

i'm looking into a short holiday idea and suaku me never come across mt ophir.

how's the weather? temperature? do u think is it suitable for 5yo? is it affected by the haze situation? mosquito situation?

sorry for this barrage of questions, but i'd really like to know more. tia.

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Gooby » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:13 am

icy_mama wrote:hi gooby

how's the weather? temperature? do u think is it suitable for 5yo? is it affected by the haze situation? mosquito situation?

Hi icy_mama,
The weather is just as hot as ours, no difference. I forgot to bring insect repellant but we did not get much mozzie bites, probably its hot in the afternoon. We did not encounter the haze when we were there last week as the haze started few days later, so can't advice you on this.

Yes, I see young kids like babies there too, mainly locals. If you are not keen to trek 30mins further up to the waterfall, you can play at the downstream pools which are equally fun and relaxing too.

Gooby
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby icy_mama » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:40 pm

Gooby wrote:
icy_mama wrote:hi gooby

Hi icy_mama,
The weather is just as hot as ours, no difference. I forgot to bring insect repellant but we did not get much mozzie bites, probably its hot in the afternoon. We did not encounter the haze when we were there last week as the haze started few days later, so can't advice you on this.

Yes, I see young kids like babies there too, mainly locals. If you are not keen to trek 30mins further up to the waterfall, you can play at the downstream pools which are equally fun and relaxing too.

thanks for replying. will keep this destination in mind. :smile:

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Holiday Ideas