2009 Term 3 School Holiday Ideas

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.

2009 Term 3 School Holiday Ideas

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:26 pm

While it's unlikely most parents would be in the mood to go for any real extended break for the end of Term 3 school holidays, a short trip of a day or two can do wonders to help kids relax for the final year SA2 battle. Tell us what you are planning for the Term 3 holidays in this thread.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby AT27 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:22 pm

I intend to bring my kids to this resort at the Kranji Countryside, called the D'kranji Farm Resort. It's abt $280 per night. Quite an expensive place for a countryside environment tho'.
Anybody tried this resort before?

AT27
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby mum03 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:28 pm

Well this will be the last time we could enjoy a extended holiday before our DD starts her Pri 1 next year, thus we will be going to south africa (3 weeks) during sep holiday.

mum03
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:38 pm

mum03 wrote:Well this will be the last time we could enjoy a extended holiday before our DD starts her Pri 1 next year, thus we will be going to south africa (3 weeks) during sep holiday.

South Africa? Wow! That's exotic! Can pack me along in your suitcase?

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby mum03 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:44 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
mum03 wrote:Well this will be the last time we could enjoy a extended holiday before our DD starts her Pri 1 next year, thus we will be going to south africa (3 weeks) during sep holiday.

South Africa? Wow! That's exotic! Can pack me along in your suitcase?

I don't mind, but I have to think of the majority, who will miss you in this forum, cause you are not allowed to bring your laptop along, total peace and relaxation only :wink:

mum03
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby KingRascal » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:15 pm

I am bringing my son back to Forest Adverture again with his friends. It's a great place to let the young children have their tastes of outdoor adventure with safety in place, thus parents need not worry about that.
http://www.forestadventure.com.sg/pages ... grand.html

KingRascal
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby tankee » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:09 pm

for those who are planning to holiday in Singapore, I :salute: you for boosting our economy !

you may want to check out this website for some ideas

www.singaporeforkids.com

tankee
Site Admin

Postby Qtownmum » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:06 am

No plans for Term 3 hols but already planning for Term 4 hols. We wanna do a self-drive in New Zealand South Island - 15 days in all, with DH and 2 DS. These days, with the wonders of internet, it's a breeze to plan and book everything - electronically! Some say the aniticipation is already the beginning of the fun and I AGREE!

Any tips from anyone about driving in NZ or taking a self-drive holiday with 2 young boys (age 5 and 8)? We had done self-drive in Perth when we only had our elder boy. This time with 2 boys, it could be a totally different ball game??

Qtownmum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Luanee » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:10 am

tonypang wrote:you may want to check out this website for some ideas
www.singaporeforkids.com

Mmm, it brings me to a blank page leh :?

Anyway we're planning to take 2 days leave during the Sep hols. One day would be spent at the Spore Flyer as we managed to get discounted tickets at $10 each from my DH's co. Hasnt decide what to do with the other day..

Luanee
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mum03 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:15 am

Qtownmum wrote:No plans for Term 3 hols but already planning for Term 4 hols. We wanna do a self-drive in New Zealand South Island - 15 days in all, with DH and 2 DS. These days, with the wonders of internet, it's a breeze to plan and book everything - electronically! Some say the aniticipation is already the beginning of the fun and I AGREE!

Any tips from anyone about driving in NZ or taking a self-drive holiday with 2 young boys (age 5 and 8)? We had done self-drive in Perth when we only had our elder boy. This time with 2 boys, it could be a totally different ball game??

We did a self drive to New Zealand South island with DH and DD when she was 3yrs. its one of the destination we would want to go again. You will enjoy the beautiful landscape. Most of the places we put up at self catering apartments, its easier as I would cook for my DD as well as we could do our laundry.

mum03
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Holiday Ideas