Did you go anywhere for the holidays?

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.

Re: Did you go anywhere for the holidays?

Postby TheAnswer » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:44 pm

thesgmother wrote:
CarolineYoung wrote:Did you travel over the holidays to vacation or visit family? Where did you go? Was it relaxing or do you need a holiday to recover from your holiday?

Went to Batam this year with MY DH, DS and DD. Though it was a short trip but very relaxing. Resort was right beside the sea, and we could enjoy many facilities by the sea. really great place to destress.
Also went to malaysia for shopping. many good buys! :rahrah:
how about yourself?

Which resort did u stay in batam? What are the facilities by the sea?

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby JannettLee » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:55 pm

South Korea, nice break and cold weather. Tried skiing but not my cup of tea.

CarolineYoung wrote:Did you travel over the holidays to vacation or visit family? Where did you go? Was it relaxing or do you need a holiday to recover from your holiday?
JannettLee
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby SchoolOfTutors » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:22 pm

Rest is to get ready for the long journey ahead.
So certainly kids all deserve a fun and enjoyable holidays just to catch a breather from the normal school activities.

here are some ideas to spend the holidays.
Part 1
Part 2

Happy planning! :rahrah:

SchoolOfTutors
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby fable » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:31 pm

Spent part of the holidays in Sri Lanka. Went on safari and saw hundreds of elephants in the wild as well as a ton of other birds and animals, trekked in the highlands and visited ancient structures. A memorable holiday for sure!

fable
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby christy610 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:22 pm

For me and my family, we went to different parts of malaysia and to Korea. It was interesting to see the children's reaction to the two different cultures and practices! It was more of a learning trip rather than a holiday because me and my partner want them to be aware of different lifestyles and thankfully, the whole trip was amazing! :)

And we plan to make a scrap album/photo book (with the help from p;log, who will professionally publish them for you, check their website, http://myplog.co) for the journey so it's easier to store and share = more bonding time for the family! Has anyone been to Europe as a family vacation?? How was it, as in for the planning and stuff?

christy610
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby ptb7476 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:12 am

We didnt travel alot since the birth of our DS . not because he is a burden but he is young and we din really know where to go :smile:
We been to bintan a couple of times cos he can have fun at the pool, HongKong and Germany. now that is can run and walk and eat most food think we can slowly expose him to more location ...yeah :rahrah:

ptb7476
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby White_Gale » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:02 am

Going to Phuket this March holiday...taking the kids for a break:)

White_Gale
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Return to Holiday Ideas