TRAVEL: Maid Visa to Europe

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.

TRAVEL: Maid Visa to Europe

Postby cody » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:10 pm

Anyone managed to bring a maid to Germany for holiday?
How about France / Switzerland?

I was told there are visa requirements for European countries but work permit holders will NOT be granted a visa to enter the EU.

cody
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby verykiasu2010 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:49 pm

1.1. Short stays (under 90 days in the Schengen area)
A short stay is a stay in the Schengen area under 90 days or multiple stays totalling less than 90 days in a period of six months.
For short stays, European regulations determine the list of countries from which citizens are not required to have a visa to enter the Schengen area.
A visa is waived for:
citizens of the following countries: Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Bermuda, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, El Salvador, Guatemala, Holy See, Honduras, Israel, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Monaco, Nicaragua, New Zealand, Panama, Paraguay, San Marino, Singapore, South Korea, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela;
holders of passports from the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China and the Special Administrative Region of Macao of the People’s Republic of China;
holders of a valid residence document in France;
holders of a residence document issued by a country which adheres to the Schengen Agreement;
holders of a travel document issued by a country which adheres to the Schengen Agreement.

http://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/france ... _1559.html
Last edited by verykiasu2010 on Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: TRAVEL: Maid Visa to Europe

Postby verykiasu2010 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:50 pm

cody wrote:Anyone managed to bring a maid to Germany for holiday?

I was told there are visa requirements for European countries but work permit holders will NOT be granted a visa to enter the EU.

it depends on the nationality of your maid
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mrswongtuition » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:54 pm

My uncle and aunt managed to bring their Indon maid to Denmark before. However, they had to appeal or something like that. The maid was to accompany the old folks to visit their grandchildren.

mrswongtuition
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby cody » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:20 pm

verykiasu2010 wrote:

Thanks! i found the same info off the net too, but was told all maids visa application will be DENIED. :(

So i wanted to know if anyone succeeded in bringing their maid to Germany/France/Switzerland so that i can learn how they did it! :)

cody
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby cody » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:22 pm

mrswongtuition wrote:My uncle and aunt managed to bring their Indon maid to Denmark before. However, they had to appeal or something like that. The maid was to accompany the old folks to visit their grandchildren.

MrsWong, thanks!!

cody
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby mrswongtuition » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:30 pm

cody wrote:
mrswongtuition wrote:My uncle and aunt managed to bring their Indon maid to Denmark before. However, they had to appeal or something like that. The maid was to accompany the old folks to visit their grandchildren.

MrsWong, thanks!!

Managed to check with my cousin on FB chat.
She said that they had the doctor to write an appeal letter for them stating that the maid knows their (the old folks) medication schedule and is there to help them physically (old people not very mobile).

Then they went to appeal and had to sign some form of agreement or something like that. She mentioned that it was quite troublesome and tedious. Her advice was to try not to go through it unless really necessary.

Theirs was a short 10 day stay.

mrswongtuition
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby cody » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:32 pm

eternal thanks Mrs Wong!
sounds like alot of trouble indeed.

cody
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby schweppes » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:57 pm

wow, this is one lucky maid. don't mind being your maid for the period :tongue:

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby verykiasu2010 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:25 pm

cody wrote:
verykiasu2010 wrote:

Thanks! i found the same info off the net too, but was told all maids visa application will be DENIED. :(

So i wanted to know if anyone succeeded in bringing their maid to Germany/France/Switzerland so that i can learn how they did it! :)

Thanks for the info. Never knew such a policy existed. Now I can only send the maid on home leave when we visit Europe since visa for the maid is a No No

Wonder of the maid is to take care of ageing parent on the trip will be allowed ?
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Holiday Ideas