2007 Term 4 School Holiday Ideas

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.

Holiday Camp for coming school holiday

Postby phantom » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:35 pm

The school holiday is coming soon. I am looking around for holiday camp for my 4 years old kid to attend. Any idea where I can get information or recommendation for such camps?

phantom
Site Admin

Postby wet » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:21 am

For nursery kids, I would think they follow quite a different schedule from the older kids. They go to "school" even during the vacations since mummy and daddy need to work. However, quite a number of childcare services will offer special excursions or programmes during the holidays. But either mummy or daddy will be expected to accompany the child.

wet
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor

Postby phantom » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:45 am

My kid is in pre nursery, kinderland, and they actually follows the normal school holidays. They do have holiday camps that last for 4 days. So I am looking for other activities for my kid. Heard that CDC have some holiday activities for kids, but more for primary and secondary students.

phantom
Site Admin

Coming school holidays

Postby super_dad » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:24 pm

School holidays round the corner.

Anyone any ideas of interesting programmes to send children to?

super_dad
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby phantom » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:27 pm

I just got some discount coupon from my son kindergarten for this show in indoor stadium "Disney Live! Mickey's Magic Show" http://www.sistic.com.sg/cms/events/index.html?content=1210. It is probably a good event for the kids.

phantom
Site Admin

Postby ChiefKiasu » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:20 pm

Sounds good! Maybe we should all have a family outing to Mickey's. BTW, I thought the Indoor Stadium is closed for reno. Guess not.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby dragonball » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:23 am

I know the stadium is been demolished and rebuilt. Not sure about the Indoor stadium. Anyone when to such Disney show before? Is it good?

dragonball
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby phantom » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:12 pm

I found this site which listed down some holiday camps activities. Might be interesting. http://www.singaporeforkids.com/singaporeforkidshome.htm

phantom
Site Admin

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:56 pm

phantom wrote:I found this site which listed down some holiday camps activities. Might be interesting. http://www.singaporeforkids.com/singaporeforkidshome.htm

I came across that site before. Nice and pretty, but information quite lacking. The camps listed on that site seems more like normal enrichment programs than actual camps.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby phantom » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:00 pm

NicklessHead wrote:
phantom wrote:I found this site which listed down some holiday camps activities. Might be interesting. http://www.singaporeforkids.com/singaporeforkidshome.htm

I came across that site before. Nice and pretty, but information quite lacking. The camps listed on that site seems more like normal enrichment programs than actual camps.

You have any site that provide more interesting information on holiday camps?

phantom
Site Admin

Next

Return to Holiday Ideas