Planning for June holiday activities

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.

Planning for June holiday activities

Postby erichew » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:30 pm

Hi all

It's time to plan for the June holidays coz it's a one month period. Anyone has any ideas to share?

I heard there are some good resorts in Malaysia meant for kids. Any parents care to share more?

Any short courses that the kids can learn and enjoy?

erichew
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Planning for June holiday activities

Postby elchwong » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:23 pm

Any recommendation for somewhere affordable that's not more than 30 degree Celsius other than Genting or Cameron Highlands?

elchwong
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby tankee » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:51 pm

Fraser's Hill?

tankee
Site Admin

Postby Jee » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:58 pm

Currently my hubby's plan is to bring the kids for a short cruise. Besides Malaysia, which country / cruise is kids friendly? I heard Korea & Australia have a few nice theme parks/places for kids to visit.

I'm going to sign up my kids with badminton & sports camps. Can try signing up robotics workshops. My boy just finished two beginners' robotics workshops. He loves it.

Jee
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby luanluancao » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:30 pm

http://mollymanners.com/claratan/june-holiday-classes/

i am thinking to sign up my P1 girl for this camp. anyone had expereince?

luanluancao
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Where to go for holidays this June

Postby Imp75 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:39 pm

hi

Would appreciate if someone could provide advice where should a family with Primary School kids + maid go for holidays this June? Seems a bit short of ideas now as we want to avoid hot weather but can only afford a couple of days. We've been to the usual popular destinations, thanks

Imp75
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Re: Where to go for holidays this June

Postby ChiefKiasu » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:58 pm

Imp75 wrote:hi

Would appreciate if someone could provide advice where should a family with Primary School kids + maid go for holidays this June? Seems a bit short of ideas now as we want to avoid hot weather but can only afford a couple of days. We've been to the usual popular destinations, thanks

Should probably keep track of the new bird flu developments in China, in case things take a turn for the worse. That would likely impact travel, if you recall our experience during the SARS period. Maybe take breaks nearer to home, eg. Malaysia, Batam or even Bali?

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby Imp75 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:49 pm

Yeah was thinking of Bali due to Korean tensions and now bird flu, I read up on the another thread on Bali, doesn't sound v interesting for kids and I assume Bali will be hot? No hot weather like spore for me haha

Imp75
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby starlight1968sg » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:21 pm

Am thinking of Malaysia or southern hemisphere.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Dnls_mum » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:10 pm

Imp75 wrote:Yeah was thinking of Bali due to Korean tensions and now bird flu, I read up on the another thread on Bali, doesn't sound v interesting for kids and I assume Bali will be hot? No hot weather like spore for me haha

The last time we went Bali in June 2 years ago, it felt cooler then Singapore, probably because of the sea breeze. It just did not feel as humid as Singapore.

My kids enjoyed Bali. Older ones (14 and 12 then) loved the water sports and white water rafting. Ayung river is pretty safe esp since June is dry season. The rivers flows much faster during the wet season. I've personally tried it during diff seasons. Younger kid (5) enjoyed the kids club activity at the Westin which was very varied, including, setting up Balinese dance and festivals, kite making, playing Balinese instruments etc.

Our whole family enjoyed the beautiful beaches, flying kite on th beach, building sand castles etc. We did not visit any temples or do any sightseeing, but the kids still said that they did not have enough time.

So kids of all ages can enjoy Bali.

This June, it is staycation at Sentosa for us since we don't want DS1 who will be taking his O's to be distracted. :(

Dnls_mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Holiday Ideas