Travel : Vietnam - Hanoi & the North

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.
Gooby
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Re: Travel : Vietnam - Hanoi & the North

Post by Gooby » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:53 pm

happydl wrote:
taz wrote:Hi happydl, where did u stay at Hanoi and sapa ? Which train did u book ?
How much u spent for your family trip ?
I'm on budget. I stayed at B&B Hanoi Hostel and Fansipan View in Sapa. I asked the Hanoi Hostel to book the train ticket for me, I think is King Express or Orient Express. The Orient Express train is different from the expensive orient train.

I spend around SGD2724.94 for the whole trip (9d8n).

Hi happydl, I have sent you a PM.

pirated
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:122

Post by pirated » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:17 am

http://m.todayonline.com/world/asia/sta ... illionaire

Anyone tried the bikini airlines ?

Dnls_mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:23

Post by Dnls_mum » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:35 pm

pirated wrote:http://m.todayonline.com/world/asia/sta ... illionaire

Anyone tried the bikini airlines ?

Aiyo...like that also can! :salute:

pirated
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by pirated » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:36 pm

Can, becoming billionaire liao

Dnls_mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by Dnls_mum » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:06 pm

pirated wrote:Can, becoming billionaire liao
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Now I know why I am not billionaire or even millionaire. I can never think of such things. Next time DH travel to Vietnam I must check what airline he take :evil: :evil:

pirated
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by pirated » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:19 pm

Dnls_mum wrote:
Now I know why I am not billionaire or even millionaire. I can never think of such things. Next time DH travel to Vietnam I must check what airline he take :evil: :evil:
You want him to be billionaire don't you ?

Dnls_mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by Dnls_mum » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:22 pm

pirated wrote:
Dnls_mum wrote:
You want him to be billionaire don't you ?
He don't own the airline how to be billionaire? He take the flight only eyes can eat ice-cream. Come back with sore eyes only lah or maybe come back I :spank:

whiteyess
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by whiteyess » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:36 pm

Definitely visit Halong Bay!

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:241

Post by slmkhoo » Thu May 26, 2016 8:31 am

There doesn't seem to be a thread for N & S Vietnam. We're thinking of visiting Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh in Dec. Does anyone have recommendations for the domestic flight between the 2 cities? Has anyone tried VietJet? It seems much cheaper than VietAir, but is it reliable and safe?

If we DIY our hotel bookings, where is a good location to stay in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh? We would want somewhere central, easy to get food, easy to join day tours etc. We're essentially 4 adults (2 teens) so we don't have to cater for the young or elderly. Thanks!

Dnls_mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by Dnls_mum » Thu May 26, 2016 9:21 am

slmkhoo wrote:There doesn't seem to be a thread for N & S Vietnam. We're thinking of visiting Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh in Dec. Does anyone have recommendations for the domestic flight between the 2 cities? Has anyone tried VietJet? It seems much cheaper than VietAir, but is it reliable and safe?

If we DIY our hotel bookings, where is a good location to stay in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh? We would want somewhere central, easy to get food, easy to join day tours etc. We're essentially 4 adults (2 teens) so we don't have to cater for the young or elderly. Thanks!
When I travel between Hanoi and HCM, I use Vietnam airlines. it is pretty expensive vis a vis return flights from SG to HCM or Hanoi, but I can't recall the actual price. I just remember telling my secretary that next time I'll just make separate trips to Hanoi and HCM, and it won't be much more expensive.

In Hanoi, I suggest you stay at Old Quarter. We stayed at Essence hotel. A boutique hotel in old quarter. Price around USD100 per night including breakfast. Clean and nice rooms. They have family rooms which is essential connecting rooms which will be ideal for your family. I have stayed at Sofitel at Westlake, but still Old Quarter is better for tourist in my opinion. Sofitel Metropole at French Quarter is widely known as the best hotel in Hanoi. I have not stayed there before and can't comment. It is not for budget conscious travelers, though.

In HCM, I have stayed at Sofitel which is ok. But I was not there for leisure, but for business.