Travel: Japan - General

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.
CarenL
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:2

Re: Travel: Japan - General

Post by CarenL » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:38 pm

Hiaweh wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:28 am
In osaka, which area is best for travel from Kyoto and then to Kansai airport? Namba, shin osaka, or Osaka station area?

We also have the same question when we went to Osaka. This website https://www.osakastation.com/traveling- ... l-airport/ helps us a lot. And the people in Japan are eager to help and answer questions if you need help with directions.

jliu76746
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by jliu76746 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:47 am

I am asking this question on behalf of my friend:
Her family is planning to travel to Japan and watch the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo. May I ask for your suggestions for the hotels which are child-friendly. She will travel in Japan together with her 8-year-old daughter and 4-year-old son. Thank you.

sky minecrafter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:26

Post by sky minecrafter » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:55 am

Hiaweh wrote: In osaka, which area is best for travel from Kyoto and then to Kansai airport? Namba, shin osaka, or Osaka station area?
navitime 大阪○京都

matcha 大阪○京都 suggests Osaka.

dimitri_can
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by dimitri_can » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:01 am

jliu76746 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:47 am
I am asking this question on behalf of my friend:
Her family is planning to travel to Japan and watch the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo. May I ask for your suggestions for the hotels which are child-friendly. She will travel in Japan together with her 8-year-old daughter and 4-year-old son. Thank you.
can try Tokyo Station Hotel/Keio Plaza Shinjuku
Not cheap though...

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:69

Post by Estéema » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:08 am

Check if you like Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku. I find some of the rooms they allocated to my family very spacious & the staff are very attentive & helpful. Guess u hv to ask for a spacious room as we were allocated a corner unit but coz the tap wasn’t working then & when they re-assigned ano room, we were pleasantly surprised coz it was much bigger.

The location was ideal to us bcoz it’s on a quiet lane but when u walk towards the main road, the station is just across the road. Along the way they’re plenty of eateries & shopping. Sporean Janice Wong’s Tokyo dessert outlet is in the vicinity & many more shopping. You’ll not go hungry!

I rmbr the lobby was extremely big with plenty of sofa as my elderly & young nephews cld rest while waiting for the airport coach. They were not bored coz there was a robot to engage them. It is bcoz the location was abt 5 min walk to the train station & we do not hv to leave the hotel to make arrangements for coach transfer to airport for our departure that we selected this hotel. Price is reasonable. You can book via one of those booking.com, agoda websites or email them direct to book.

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:74

Post by ammonite » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:53 am

Hi travellers,

I am looking for some input on strawberry picking around Tokyo in December. Saw some options online but would like to have some idea on whether they are worth going out of the way for.

Also, would like some input on odaiba oedo onsen - is an evening too much or too little time there, and how is the food selection? I don’t think my boys will want to spend too much time soaking,or if they can even get pass going public in their birthday suits.

sky minecrafter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:26

Post by sky minecrafter » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:02 pm

Fyr only

https://www.you.co/sg/

youtrip in japan

Do visit Andersen Bakery if there's a chance, & take a look at their cashiering. The system recognises the checked-out food items, & projects their names (in Japanese) & prices on a screen!!!

SeongheeKim
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:4

Post by SeongheeKim » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:33 pm

Meet-The-Photographer: John Lander of World Heritage Japan
https://kinokuniya.com.sg/events/johnlander/