Safe to go M'sia for holiday...

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.

Safe to go M'sia for holiday...

Postby dawntan » Thu May 09, 2013 8:33 am

Intend to go Legoland and Desaru on 24.05.13 to 26.05.13. Pls advise is it safe to go... :xedfingers:

Thank you.

Re: Safe to go M'sia for holiday...

Postby mengyuan » Thu May 16, 2013 11:57 am

I think safety is not a concern if you are travelling to a popular place during normal hours.

For Lego land, I haven't been there before, so go nothing to comment. :shrug: I'm going to Lego land this weekend as some friends is visiting from HK and they would like to experience the M'sia Lego. :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: I did a search through the internet. Basically it is a fun place. :rahrah: :rahrah: But something to bare in mind:

- Very hot :scared: :yikes: during normal weather!!! So bring along a hat, sun glass, sun block and a few set of clothes to change.
- Bring a lot of water + food!!! Water and food inside lego land is extremely exp!! :yikes:
- Super crowded during weekend and holidays. So be prepared to Q loooooooooooong for popular games.
- Very limited toilet :yikes: . So never miss it when you happen to knock into one.

For Desaru, yeh!!!! I have been there a lot lot lot of times. A very good choice for family with kids for a short stay!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: I'm driving, and it takes 45mins from Johor to Desaru with the new express way from Senai (I dont count in the traffic jam at causeway :stupid: ).

- Room: I stayed in Single, double and triple room before.
Single room is deluxe with 2 stories, something similar to SOHO. The ground level is living room, kitchen and a toilet (no shower facility). Living room got sofa, TV, table with chairs. And there is a balcony at the ground floor. 2nd floor got a king size bed, wardrobe, another toilet with bathtub. Fully aircon at both floors.
2 and 3 bed room unit is more like HDB design, with 1 master room and 1 or 2 common rooms. The common rooms will share toilet while the master room got it's private toilet. Common toilet dont have bathtub, but shower only. There is a king sized bed in master room and 2 single beds in the common rooms. Both the living room and master room got balcony. So if you'll going to stay for 2 nights and like to hand wash some of the clothes, remember to bring a laundry line :wink:

- Facilities: there are 3 swimming pools and a water theme park. Suitable for kids. The beach is nice, with a lot of water sports activities. There is complimentary buffet breakfast, entitle for 2 adults per room. Kids below certain edge (6 yo?? I cannt remember) is free. However the food choice is limited... at least not to my favor :nunchuk: But there is a new restaurant on the beach since last year. I haven't try yet, but looks not bad.

If you are driving, there is a lot of seafood restaurant at 泗灣島 (sorry I'm not sure about it's full name. It is a town near Desaru, ~20mins driving distance). I love the lobster!!! :boogie: A bit pricey in M'sia ~RM200+, but that is a huge lobster and so tasty!!! Anyway I think it worth the $$ :boogie: (I'm seafood lover :rahrah: )

BTW you can travel to the fruit farm to have some cheap yet good fruits. I love the huge mango there :rahrah: . If you are a durian lover, there is a lot of Singaporeans travel to this fruit farm for durian.

And there is an existing thread talking about Desaru. Take a look at ... lit=desaru

Return to Holiday Ideas