Disneyland Hong Kong

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.

Disneyland Hong Kong

Postby tankee » Thu May 16, 2013 10:43 pm

Hong Kong Disneyland has unveiled its third and final part of a US$464 million expansion plan

HONG KONG: Hong Kong Disneyland has unveiled its third and final part of a US$464 million expansion plan, in a bid to draw more visitors.

The new attraction, called "Mystic Point", has a haunted house and a carriage ride, based on the adventures of fictional explorer Lord Henry Mystic and his monkey Albert.

The theme park's management said its expansion plans had paid off, with the park turning in a profit for the first time after seven years of operation, thanks to increased visitor numbers. It also downplayed any loss of business that the opening of Shanghai Disneyland, that is slated for 2015, might have.

Nearly half of the six million visitors in 2012 were from the mainland, particularly the Pearl River Delta.

Bill Ernest, president of Asia Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, said: "We have a product that's unusual here for Hongkong Disneyland. We'll have that same product in Shanghai. We believe that the two parks really compliment one another, and they'll have different and unique products in both locations."

- CNA/ac

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asi ... 77672.html

tankee
Site Admin

Re: Disneyland Hong Kong

Postby tankee » Thu May 16, 2013 10:46 pm

tankee
Site Admin

Postby Dnls_mum » Sat May 18, 2013 8:00 pm

Looks like can visit HK Disneyland again. :). But maybe wait until 2015 when everyone go Shanghai, then not so crowded! Hahaha :)

Dnls_mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MintyMin » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:28 pm

Anyone wif 3 kids or more staying together with you in the same room at Disneyland hongkong hotel?

MintyMin
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Dnls_mum » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:09 pm

MintyMin wrote:Anyone wif 3 kids or more staying together with you in the same room at Disneyland hongkong hotel?

I have 3 kids. But when we stayed at Disneyland hotel in HK, we booked 2 interconnecting rooms. The normal room probably won't fit an extra bed in the 2 queen bed rooms. But if you get the corner room (one of our rooms was a corner room), I can't remember the number now, it is very big and can definitely fit a rollaway bed. The issue is whether they will allow you 5 in a room. Most hotels have a max capacity per room for fire safety reasons. If their max capacity is 4, you need to sneak in the 5th person and cross your fingers that you will not be caught, otherwise it'll be pretty embarrassing. Whatever you decide, have fun in HK Disney! :rahrah:

Dnls_mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MintyMin » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:16 pm

Thanks Dnls_mum for your reply.

Will take your comments into consideration. :smile:

MintyMin
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sunshinemomalove » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:35 am

Any current good deals for HK Disneyland? :please:

sunshinemomalove
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby steventay » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:59 pm

sunshinemomalove wrote:Any current good deals for HK Disneyland? :please:

2013 Early Bird Offer
http://park.hongkongdisneyland.com/hkdl ... er2013Page

i just go HK Disneyland using the Early Bird Offer and Advnaced order for the Enchanted Garden breakfast booking.

Special Offers
It's now a better time than ever to experience the magic of Hong Kong Disneyland! Check out our latest offers and promotions!
http://park.hongkongdisneyland.com/hkdl ... rviewPage&

steventay
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby sunshinemomalove » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:55 pm

Thanks for sharing!! :rahrah:

steventay wrote:
sunshinemomalove wrote:Any current good deals for HK Disneyland? :please:

2013 Early Bird Offer
http://park.hongkongdisneyland.com/hkdl ... er2013Page

i just go HK Disneyland using the Early Bird Offer and Advnaced order for the Enchanted Garden breakfast booking.

Special Offers
It's now a better time than ever to experience the magic of Hong Kong Disneyland! Check out our latest offers and promotions!
http://park.hongkongdisneyland.com/hkdl ... rviewPage&

sunshinemomalove
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Steven18 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:46 pm

I went there with my wife and childrens last holiday. And overall Im quite satisfied with the service and facilities inside Hong Kong Disneyland. It bringing back my childhood memories hehehe :imcool:

We also spent the evening in there and its beautiful

Steven18
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Holiday Ideas