Winter Clothes

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.
bb_ mom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:13

Re: Winter Clothes

Post by bb_ mom » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:18 pm

i3mum wrote:Just wondering if we really need winter boots for the family if we are going to Korea in Dec? Or will normal track shoes help? We will be staying at the ski resort.

Can anyone advise?
Track shoes may get wet if you plan to walk in the snow? I didn't join my family for skiing and became designated photographer. If I had not worn my winter boots, My toes would have frozen. Plus winter boots give more traction when out walking out slippery streets.

Love Clouds
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by Love Clouds » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:34 pm

i3mum wrote:Just wondering if we really need winter boots for the family if we are going to Korea in Dec? Or will normal track shoes help? We will be staying at the ski resort.

Can anyone advise?
If you are staying in Seoul for the first few days, you can buy their winter waterproof shoes/boots at Myeongdong or Dangdaemum before going to the ski resort. They have many varieties at reasonable prices (some may have offer at about S$30) there selling in small shops/stalls along the streets. For younger kids, you may have to buy from bigger shops or department stores.
Enjoy your trip!

nicnac
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:3

Post by nicnac » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:42 pm

We usually just wear those 'Hi-Tec' shoes/boots available at World of Sports. They are supposedly water-proof.

nicnac
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by nicnac » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:43 pm

We usually just wear those 'Hi-Tec' shoes/boots available at World of Sports. They are supposedly water-proof.

nicnac
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

nicnac
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:223

Post by jetsetter » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:26 pm

Love Clouds wrote:

Can anyone advise?
If you are staying in Seoul for the first few days, you can buy their winter waterproof shoes/boots at Myeongdong or Dangdaemum before going to the ski resort. They have many varieties at reasonable prices (some may have offer at about S$30) there selling in small shops/stalls along the streets. For younger kids, you may have to buy from bigger shops or department stores.
Enjoy your trip!
Alternatively, u may start to cart from Uniqlo those waterproof pants with fleece linings...NOW!

bebebub
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:8

Post by bebebub » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:40 pm

jetsetter wrote:
Alternatively, u may start to cart from Uniqlo those waterproof pants with fleece linings...NOW!
JS, I can't find those water-proof pants when I went to 313 uniqlo recently. Only manage to buy a few heattech Tshirts for my dd.

My loot from Amazon just arrived. Very happy with my Columbia snow boots and dd's Columbia snow jacket.

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:223

Post by jetsetter » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:46 pm

bebebub wrote:
jetsetter wrote:
JS, I can't find those water-proof pants when I went to 313 uniqlo recently. Only manage to buy a few heattech Tshirts for my dd.

My loot from Amazon just arrived. Very happy with my Columbia snow boots and dd's Columbia snow jacket.
Sorry I must be assuming they carry the same collection in Singapore. I bought mine in China's Uniqlo... :oops:

bebebub
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:8

Post by bebebub » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:03 pm

jetsetter wrote:
bebebub wrote:
jetsetter wrote:

Sorry I must be assuming they carry the same collection in Singapore. I bought mine in China's Uniqlo... :oops:
Yalor. I saw those pants at the Uniqlo UK website. Am hoping that they will bring in those pants under their fall/winter collection. Will pop by next month to hv a look again.