Travel: China - Shanghai

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.
jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:223

Re: Travel: China - Shanghai

Post by jetsetter » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:30 am

MrsKiasu wrote:
pirated wrote:
You must be around Zhuhai then. Pop over to Macau for the visa run. Who knows, you may be able to win back your travel cost!
What run? Those marathon run by Visa company? Not in Zhuhai..need to drive there.
:laugh:

Macau faster to do visa run.

Just u turn; walk is shorter...lo wu is a mess!

Jinmen, Xiamen too boring. Macau is better!

Hv fun! & dun yak anymore...hols time

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:56

Post by MrsKiasu » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:07 am

jetsetter wrote:
MrsKiasu wrote:
pirated wrote:
You must be around Zhuhai then. Pop over to Macau for the visa run. Who knows, you may be able to win back your travel cost!
What run? Those marathon run by Visa company? Not in Zhuhai..need to drive there.
:laugh:

Macau faster to do visa run.

Just u turn; walk is shorter...lo wu is a mess!

Jinmen, Xiamen too boring. Macau is better!

Hv fun! & dun yak anymore...hols time
:rotflmao: ok ok..

zbear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:67

Post by zbear » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:57 pm

Dnls_mum wrote: Even in shops in Tianzifang which is as touristy as it goes even though I am usually being mistaken for a local tourist from the south.

Is it because you talk as loudly as the locals? :evil:

Just pulling your leg, no offense hor!!!!

:smile:

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by MrsKiasu » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:56 pm

zbear wrote:
Dnls_mum wrote: Even in shops in Tianzifang which is as touristy as it goes even though I am usually being mistaken for a local tourist from the south.

Usually if they guess..it will be Taiwan or southern china coz i think of our way of speaking Mandarin..taiwan, I was told more 'dia' when talking and southern china maybe of our look and abit of cantonese accent ba I guess..but HK people usually able to identify that we are from Msia/Sin. Too many of us there i guess. We were once asked if came from thailand but very rare la.

Dnls_mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:23

Post by Dnls_mum » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:35 am

zbear wrote:

Haha....,good one! Because I speak mandarin to the shop keepers lah. Let's just say that my spoken mandarin is pretty good as I can conduct a business meeting in Mandarin with my Chinese customers and I can also act as translator for my Ang mo boss and Chinese customer. The locals from southern China don't all speak good mandarin and frankly we can pass off as them.
Last edited by Dnls_mum on Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dnls_mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:23

Post by Dnls_mum » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:37 am

zbear wrote:

Haha....because I speak mandarin to the shop keepers. Let's just say that my spoken mandarin is pretty good as I can conduct a business meeting in Mandarin with my Chinese customers and I can also act as translator for my Ang mo boss and Chinese customer. The locals from southern China don't all speak good mandarin and frankly we can pass off as them.

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by MrsKiasu » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:43 am

I wonder if we can do another chop at the same place (Macau)? This will be the second time as we went in last week. Or is it better to go HK? But ferry ticket more ex leh.

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:236

Post by floppy » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:06 am

MrsKiasu wrote:I wonder if we can do another chop at the same place (Macau)? This will be the second time as we went in last week. Or is it better to go HK? But ferry ticket more ex leh.
Yes, you can do another chop at the same place.

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by MrsKiasu » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:11 am

floppy wrote:
MrsKiasu wrote:I wonder if we can do another chop at the same place (Macau)? This will be the second time as we went in last week. Or is it better to go HK? But ferry ticket more ex leh.
:thankyou:

MyPillow
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:42

Post by MyPillow » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:28 am

MrsKiasu wrote:
floppy wrote:
:thankyou:
go hk iar, more fun for kids ,since u done macau.
go ocean park if u dun wana go disney ( but i think ur girls will really like disney if they have yet to try one)- actually hk disney got chance to take some rides multiple times ; got chance to take photo with princess n characters etc no so long q.