Holiday job for 16 yrs old teenage

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.

Holiday job for 16 yrs old teenage

Postby vlim » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:36 pm

Hi, I would to check if any one can recommend job for a 16 yr old boy during the school vacation. This boy basically has a bit of behaviour problem( not my own kid). So I was thinking maybe jobs like community work or otherwise might do him good.

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mrswongtuition » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:53 pm

Is he waiting for O level results?
Do they mind if the pay is not very good (maybe around $4/hour)?

I can ask my hb cos usually year end their warehouse will hire extra help to do packing/stock taking. It's decent work in aircon environment. No chance to mingle with other ppl/learn bad things as my hb is there to monitor during work time. The other staff are aunties with kids & they usually will chit chat with the youngsters who work there :)

Sometimes might get to go out with delivery driver to deliver goods (but this is seldom).

mrswongtuition
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:25 am

mrswongtuition wrote:Is he waiting for O level results?
Do they mind if the pay is not very good (maybe around $4/hour)?

I can ask my hb cos usually year end their warehouse will hire extra help to do packing/stock taking. It's decent work in aircon environment. No chance to mingle with other ppl/learn bad things as my hb is there to monitor during work time. The other staff are aunties with kids & they usually will chit chat with the youngsters who work there :)

Sometimes might get to go out with delivery driver to deliver goods (but this is seldom).

Hi, thanks. Shall let his parents know about it and see if they want.. thanks again :D

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby julongmum » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:37 pm

job for 2 16-yr old boys waiting for o level result? they r now staying a lot at home playing computer games...

julongmum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Vevey » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:58 pm

Can try IRAS.
It employs lots of teenagers to deal w the paperwork & some manual works.
I used to work there yrs ago. Quite fun to hang out w pple of similiar age. :)

Vevey
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby jedamum » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:06 pm

julongmum wrote:job for 2 16-yr old boys waiting for o level result? they r now staying a lot at home playing computer games...

maybe can look 'internally'?
check with your hubby or relatives who are working in private coy if they are looking at employing helpers or office boys. :)
my bro worked in my ex-coy when he was waiting for his O-level. :)

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby julongmum » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:31 pm

Thanks Vevey and Jedamum, your suggestions are definitely worth to try.

julongmum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby peapot » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:25 pm

What about working in NTUC as packers or cashier? Also, working in Popular bookstore? I saw students there.

peapot
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Holiday Ideas