Looking For CIP in Holidays Or Weekends

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.

Looking For CIP in Holidays Or Weekends

Postby medontknowwhattosay » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:39 pm

Hi. I am a Secondary 2 student, and although I know I'm not a parent, I came here upon knowing about this site because I know parents are really serious about their kids and children's education and well-being. I am looking for CIP work around Singapore for Secondary 2's to fulfill my NYAA And CIP Hours. I so far only have 35 hours and I know I have a lot of time but after volunteering a few times, I found out I liked volunteering and wanted to go beyond the 100 hour requirements needed. Does any parent where to volunteer? THANKS. :)

medontknowwhattosay
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Looking For CIP in Holidays Or Weekends

Postby kitty2 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:33 pm

medontknowwhattosay wrote:Hi. I am a Secondary 2 student, and although I know I'm not a parent, I came here upon knowing about this site because I know parents are really serious about their kids and children's education and well-being. I am looking for CIP work around Singapore for Secondary 2's to fulfill my NYAA And CIP Hours. I so far only have 35 hours and I know I have a lot of time but after volunteering a few times, I found out I liked volunteering and wanted to go beyond the 100 hour requirements needed. Does any parent where to volunteer? THANKS. :)

Children society or touch community

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:22 pm

National Library? Flag-selling for charities?

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby dolphinsiah » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:00 pm

My DD used to volunteer at Meet people Session.

You know in every Estate , the MPs/Minister will have weekly Meet People Sessions with the local residents helping them solve problems.

DD was assigned to type out letters for these residents....

You should check it out... :xedfingers:

dolphinsiah
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby BeContented » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:54 pm

Recently at the edusave awards ceremony, I learnt that they had quite a lot of student volunteers. You can check it out. I suppose it can be used for the CIP, do go check it out ;)

BeContented
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby medontknowwhattosay » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:36 pm

kitty2 wrote:
medontknowwhattosay wrote:Hi. I am a Secondary 2 student, and although I know I'm not a parent, I came here upon knowing about this site because I know parents are really serious about their kids and children's education and well-being. I am looking for CIP work around Singapore for Secondary 2's to fulfill my NYAA And CIP Hours. I so far only have 35 hours and I know I have a lot of time but after volunteering a few times, I found out I liked volunteering and wanted to go beyond the 100 hour requirements needed. Does any parent where to volunteer? THANKS. :)

Children society or touch community

Children society is for 15 yrs old and above, but I'll check out Touch community. Thanks! :)

medontknowwhattosay
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby medontknowwhattosay » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:38 pm

slmkhoo wrote:National Library? Flag-selling for charities?

Oh I've already tried NLB, and Flag Day is for 15 yrs and above t thanks though. :)

medontknowwhattosay
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby medontknowwhattosay » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:43 pm

dolphinsiah wrote:My DD used to volunteer at Meet people Session.

You know in every Estate , the MPs/Minister will have weekly Meet People Sessions with the local residents helping them solve problems.

DD was assigned to type out letters for these residents....

You should check it out... :xedfingers:

Thanks so much!

medontknowwhattosay
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby xiaostar » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:03 am

xiaostar
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ReachTutor » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:31 am

You can check out https://www.facebook.com/VolunteerNowww

It's really good to see young students like you take on roles of volunteering. I hope that your passion for volunteering will continue growing, and perhaps a few years down the road, you'll be joining me volunteering at CDAC.

By the way, I'm an NYAA Gold holder, so if you're interested in going for higher levels of the Award, you can PM me to find out how did I find my activities. :smile:

ReachTutor
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Holiday Ideas