Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Italy - good and reasonably priced hotels

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.

Re: Italy - good and reasonably priced hotels

Postby lexis » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:45 am

hmm go all the way there must trek right? At least that is our plan…except my daughter is not 11 yet, so not sure if she can go up. Haven't booked our tickets to the tower of Pisa yet, but I plan to join our trip to Pisa with a trip to Lucca, so we can ride bikes along the city walls , weather permitting.

have you decided if you are going to the Mall?

lexis
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby lexis » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:45 am

duplicate post deleted.

lexis
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby bb_ mom » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:13 pm

Yes, trip to Mall planned. But I haven't decided if my family's actually going. Still undecided about the cinque terre tour in winter. The rest are definitely going ther. You?

bb_ mom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby lexis » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:34 pm

Not going to Cinque Terre. We have only 2 full days in Florence, so 1 day is for Pisa/Lucca, the other day maybe roam around Florence itself. at least that's the plan.. :)

lexis
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby bb_ mom » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:46 am

Weather forecast for Flroence and Milan now in low 20s. Yay!

bb_ mom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby lexis » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:53 am

lol. Milan should be colder than Rome/Florence cos it is up North (and it is in the middle of the night now). i think the Italians must think we are mad, hoping for cold weather!

how are you planning to visit the Vatican?

i realised (to my horror) that the only 2 days I have to visit it will be super packed - the first day (Tues), cos it is first day the Vatican is open after two days of closure (Sunday and Feast of Immaculate Conception), and the next day , which is a wed, is for papal visits, so it will be unusually crowded too.

SIGH.

lexis
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby bb_ mom » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:57 am

Yah, Rome is still quite warm compared to the other 2 - mid-20s. And you're right, Italians will think we're quite mad hoping for drop in temperatures when they're taking flight to warmer climates. :lol:

I booked a tour with the Vatican museum itself on a Thursday morning. Since there's 11 of us, it makes it quite worthwhile to have our own guide. And when I went back in to check alternative timings, I noticed my slot is no longer available. I'm hoping that means we're the only ones in the group. You're waiting for the dates to open for online booking?

We have 4 days in Rome, excluding the day we land. By the time I get to Rome from Milan, it'll be about 4-ish. Drop off bags, meet the rest of the family and just walk around on our own. Most importantly, find out from hotel how to get to meeting point for next day's tour to Pompeii. Are you going there? Or doing the other ruined city?

bb_ mom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby lexis » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:32 am

I'll be doing Ostia (the other city of ruins), but keeping my options open since no need to pre-book. If it rains, probably won't bother.

i have 3 full days in Rome, excluding the day I touch down (around 8 am). I don't think i will do a tour of vatican, cos I'm afraid we might get bored and 3 hours might be a bit long for the kids. Can already buy admission tickets on line, but haven't decided which day/time to go.

lexis
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby schweppes » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:32 am

For those in the Vatican Museum neighborhood, die die must try...

Old Bridge Gelateria
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_R ... ml#REVIEWS

(about 2 mins walk across the road from museum's entrance - the gelateria faces the Vatican walls)

For 2.50 euro, can get 3 huge scoops of gelato :drool: :drool: :drool:

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby bb_ mom » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:55 am

schweppes wrote:For those in the Vatican Museum neighborhood, die die must try...

Old Bridge Gelateria
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_R ... ml#REVIEWS

(about 2 mins walk across the road from museum's entrance - the gelateria faces the Vatican walls)

For 2.50 euro, can get 3 huge scoops of gelato :drool: :drool: :drool:

3 scoops!!! :rahrah: But must walk a lot either before or after to get it out of system...

bb_ mom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Ideas

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres