Travel: Maldives

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.

Travel: Maldives

Postby coolit » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:36 pm

Original Title: Good place to relax with kids

Hi guys,

Do you know if Maldives is a good place to bring kids who are between the ages of 7 - 12? Would they be bored?

coolit
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Mamamal » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:10 pm

Going to Maldives will be a dream come true for me. Hoping one day i can visit this romantic place.

Mamamal
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:52 pm

Mamamal wrote:Going to Maldives will be a dream come true for me. Hoping one day i can visit this romantic place.

Don't forget to pack me along. I don't cost very much to feed.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Re: Travel: Maldives

Postby schweppes » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:39 pm

coolit wrote:Original Title: Good place to relax with kids

Do you know if Maldives is a good place to bring kids who are between the ages of 7 - 12? Would they be bored?

Guess it depends if your kids are into sun, sand and water sports. 8) You might also consider choosing a resort that is family friendly, with activities catering for children and adults. This will ensure that everyone is kept happily occupied.

Besides water sports, you can also expose your kids to eco-tourism as the country believes in nature conservation (or at least, this is what I understand it to be).

Have not been to Maldives before, and would love to go there as well. However, DH and myself went to Seychelles for our honeymoon many many moons ago. It was a very romantic place and we stayed on an island, Bird Island that we could walk around in less than 2 hours. :love: But, I digress, as that's another post altogether. :wink:

Guess, if you want to expose your kids to a different culture and environment, then it is worth considering. But need to do some homework to choose family friendly resort. Still, a holiday, whether away in Maldives or Sentosa, is still a good time for family bonding and fun!

Happy planning! :lol:

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby coolit » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:32 am

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your feedback! hmm, how was club med at Bintan?

coolit
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Marie » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:25 am

Oh, maldives, I went there for my honeymoon but I found it boring, it was snorkeling, snorkeling and more snorkeling...even as an adult, I found it boring, it is more for people who want peace and quiet, I think maybe with kids that young, should go to a place with a mixture of nature but also city so the kids will not get bored..how about Koh Samui?

Marie
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Mamamal » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:10 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:
Mamamal wrote:Going to Maldives will be a dream come true for me. Hoping one day i can visit this romantic place.

Don't forget to pack me along. I don't cost very much to feed.

Hi Chiefy
don't think penguins can survive in Maldives :wink:

Mamamal
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:02 am

Mamamal wrote:
ChiefKiasu wrote:Don't forget to pack me along. I don't cost very much to feed.

Hi Chiefy
don't think penguins can survive in Maldives :wink:

But... but... I've been wearing that pair of oversized pink sunglasses for 2 years waiting for this trip... :cry:

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby dolphin » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:35 am

If you and family do scuba diving ... its definitely a diving haven. Else will be spa, snorelling, nuar around the sand and sea that you can have similar experiences at any nearby beach resorts (minus the blue blue colored sea)

dolphin
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby chixchix » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:01 am

How many hours flight is it and do we get off at the Male airport ?

chixchix
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Holiday Ideas