Airline: Firefly

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.

Airline: Firefly

Postby windows » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:35 am

Hi has anyone travel by Firefly before? How was the experience? This is different from budget airline right, i.e. tickets are inclusive of baggage? TIA.

windows
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Airline: Firefly

Postby timtamfan » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:58 am

I fly my Mum on it occasionally (Sin-Subang). Small (propellor) plane so very quick check-in and out. No need to rush like the other bigger budget airlines. But usually more expensive.

timtamfan
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby kayemoss » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:23 pm

It's not bad... I took their SG-Subang flight... My mum also preferred to take Fireflyz.. always aim for discount tickets.. coz they are more expensive than other budget carriers

kayemoss
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby floppy » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:43 pm

Firefly is not a LCC. It is a full-service subsidiary of MAS, operating from their 2 hubs (PEN and SZB) to regional destinations.

They operate ATR72 (a turboprop aircraft) only. The aircraft doesn't fly as high as the jet and is also more susceptible to turbulence (which can make for an exciting roller coaster ride). However, as the max capacity of the aircraft is 72 passengers only, check-in, loading and unloading is a lot faster.

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby windows » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:37 pm

Thanks all, for the feedback :)

windows
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Holiday Ideas