Travel: Malaysia - Bukit Tinggi

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.

Travel: Malaysia - Bukit Tinggi

Postby chixchix » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:20 pm

Hii all, I recently got to know from someone about this place in Malaysia, Bukit Tinggi.

Anyone been there ? Please give some feedback on where to stay,wats there to shop ?

Thanks!

chixchix
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby MMM » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:38 pm

Yes, we've been there before. I feel that a day trip is good enough unless you do not have anywhere better to go.

We stayed at the Colmar Tropicale in June this year. Got a 3 bedroom apartment. It was spacious, reasonably priced but the place is rather run down. Toilet flushing also have problem,etc.. Also, we found it boring with the overnite stay. They just had some performance at night (eg. acrobat show). It was really boring and food options are limited as well.

If you are looking at doing nothing but rest only, maybe this is the place but the rooms condition..... If you are the type who likes the buzz and activities, you will be bored to death here.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Fairy » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:45 am

MMM wrote:Yes, we've been there before. I feel that a day trip is good enough unless you do not have anywhere better to go.

We stayed at the Colmar Tropicale in June this year. Got a 3 bedroom apartment. It was spacious, reasonably priced but the place is rather run down. Toilet flushing also have problem,etc.. Also, we found it boring with the overnite stay. They just had some performance at night (eg. acrobat show). It was really boring and food options are limited as well.

If you are looking at doing nothing but rest only, maybe this is the place but the rooms condition..... If you are the type who likes the buzz and activities, you will be bored to death here.

We went there a few years ago. The rooms are not that clean, food expensive and not nice and the narrow, winding road up the resort is worst than Genting. But the air is good, the surrounding is ok. If you go all the way up there, should stay 1 night. It's not worth going for only a day trip.

Fairy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Bukit Tinggi - For the nature

Postby simple2005 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:43 pm

Agreed that the place isn't much, laid back service, and quite expensive food. But it is a popular place for nature photographers and bird watchers, especially for birds. Will be fun if nature is your theme, provided parents are keen too ;-)

My kids were ok with the winding road up, but they've been 'trained' with other road trips before.

Brought my family there twice.

Cheers.

simple2005
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby SAHD » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:54 pm

If you want to go to Bukit Tinggi, make it a day trip. There is not much to do there too. You might as well go to Genting and make Bukit Tinggi as part of your itinerary.

SAHD
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Holiday Ideas