Travel: China - Hong Kong

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.
floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:196

Re: Hotel near TST mtr

Post by floppy » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:59 am

mummybee wrote:
:thankyou:
Holiday Inn excellent location but rooms look quite old?
Well, can't be perfect in every way without costing a bomb. I don't foresee that I'll spend a lot of time in the room, hence, I'm not so particular on the outlook. As long as it is comfortable and in a good location, I can accept it.

You can also look at Dorsett Mongkok family quad room. Price should be under $400 and Mongkok isn't that far from Tsim Sha Tsui.

mummy of 2
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:1

Re: Travel: China - Hong Kong

Post by mummy of 2 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:51 pm

Last year I stayed in an airbnb apartment near TST. It was $300 per night for 7 pax. About half of what I would have paid for hotel rooms.

mummybee
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by mummybee » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:16 pm

Hi,

Anyone stayed in Park Hotel before?
Is it a 5 min walk from mtr exit?

pirated
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:122

Post by pirated » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:58 pm

Holiday Inn Golden Mile in TST has recently renovated all the rooms
floppy wrote:
mummybee wrote:
Holiday Inn excellent location but rooms look quite old?
Well, can't be perfect in every way without costing a bomb. I don't foresee that I'll spend a lot of time in the room, hence, I'm not so particular on the outlook. As long as it is comfortable and in a good location, I can accept it.

You can also look at Dorsett Mongkok family quad room. Price should be under $400 and Mongkok isn't that far from Tsim Sha Tsui.

SuperTutors
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by SuperTutors » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:40 pm

Many good AirBnB units in convenient locations all over Hong Kong. To suit all budgets. We used the service a few times, and we'd use it again for our next trip.

Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:151

Post by Sun_2010 » Tue May 02, 2017 3:29 pm

floppy wrote:
mummybee wrote:Going to Hong Kong in June, shortlisted the following hotels:

Holiday Inn Golden Mile
Prince marco Polo
Gateway Marco Polo

Any comments or advice, or any recommendation for hotel with room that can fit 2A 2C, below SGD400 per night?
Looking for one which is linked to or short walking distance from TST MTR exit.
Thanks!

I'll be heading to Holiday Inn Golden Mile in a couple of weeks time. Wait for my review :wink: It's definitely under SGD400 if you book on their website. Max occupants as per their website is 2A 2C (two queen bed in a room). Definitely a very short walk from Tsim Sha Tsui MRT.
Hi Floppy,
Are you back from Hkg?
Waiting for your review :please:

susan88
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by susan88 » Tue May 02, 2017 4:28 pm

Stayed in L Nina Hotel in Nov 2016. The room has two queen sized bed, under SGD200, booked directly from L Nina Hotel web site . The hotel is very near to Tsuen Wan MTR, and it is surrounded by a few shopping malls. The Airport bus A31 bus terminal is next to this hotel, I took A31 bus from L Nina to airport and the journey is about 1.5 hours. Instead of paying SGD 400 to stay near TST area, why not consider this hotel.

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:196

Post by floppy » Tue May 02, 2017 4:46 pm

Sun_2010 wrote: Hi Floppy,
Are you back from Hkg?
Waiting for your review :please:
Not really, I'm across the sea at Macau :lol:
But I can give a quick review of Holiday Inn Golden Mile

Pros
1. Great location - close to the MTR, lots of food options nearby, 2 nice shopping malls (K11 and iSquare) only a stone's throw away, Jenny's Bakery next door (and Cookie's Quartet slightly further away)
2. Price - one of the better option (for a hotel) that I found

Cons
1. Old - unfortunately, I got one of the yet-to renovate rooms (higher up). The wear and tear is showing. If you are concern about the state of the room, may have to look elsewhere.

MomOfOne
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by MomOfOne » Fri May 05, 2017 9:08 am

Hi

Am looking at hotels to stay too for my upcoming Jun trip. Any review on these 2 hotels:-

1) Cordis hotel
2) park Lane The langham hotel

Thanks

whywhy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by whywhy » Sun May 07, 2017 8:50 am

Hi, my family is Travelling to HK coming Sept. 2A2Teens. Will be staying near mtr TST. I would like to go Victoria peak. any tips coz most Travellers say Long q est of 1 hr. pls share & I welcome any tips n recommendations on food n places must go. TIA