Travel : Malaysia - KL & Genting

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.

Travel : Malaysia - KL & Genting

Postby tcdl » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:38 pm

Hi All,
:D
Our holiday plan from this weekend for 2 adult 2 kids are as followed :-

~ 2 nights at KL - Royale Bintang Hotel
~ 2 nights at Genting - First World Hotel
~ Already bought coach tickets to KL and back from Genting

Now we need some advice .... :?

1) We wanted to go to Sunway Lagoon while in KL. What is the best way to get there ?

~ If taxi, what is the estimated fare ?
~ If LRT/bus, how do we go about it ?
~ I understand that they have Star LRT and Putra LRT. Are they operated by different company or are interlink ?
~ What may be the travelling time to Sunway from our hotel ?

2) We have yet to decide how we are going up to Genting from KL. Any advice ?

~ What is the fare to go up to Genting by taxi ? Where is the best place to get such taxi ?
~ I heard about Sentral and Pudu Raya bus terminal having buses going to Genting. Are they the same terminal? What type of buses are they using ? What is their time schedule and how much do they charge ? DO they go straight up to the Genting hotels or we need to change to cable car ?

3) Genting Snow World

~ My kids are 3 and 6 years old and are rather small in size. Do they provide winter jacket, gloves and boots for such young kids? Heard it's real cold there and normal sweater is not enough to keep warm. As I do not have any winter jackets at home and I see no point in getting it just for this trip, knowing there is no plan to go to cold country these 2 years.
Any advice / suggestions ?

Appreciate all information and advices .... :pray:

Thanks a lot !!!

tcdl
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Travel : Malaysia - KL & Genting

Postby qi-er » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:50 pm

tcdl wrote:Hi All,
:D
Our holiday plan from this weekend for 2 adult 2 kids are as followed :-

~ 2 nights at KL - Royale Bintang Hotel
~ 2 nights at Genting - First World Hotel
~ Already bought coach tickets to KL and back from Genting

Now we need some advice .... :?

1) We wanted to go to Sunway Lagoon while in KL. What is the best way to get there ?

~ If taxi, what is the estimated fare ?
~ If LRT/bus, how do we go about it ?
~ I understand that they have Star LRT and Putra LRT. Are they operated by different company or are interlink ?
~ What may be the travelling time to Sunway from our hotel ?

2) We have yet to decide how we are going up to Genting from KL. Any advice ?

~ What is the fare to go up to Genting by taxi ? Where is the best place to get such taxi ?
About M$100 plus(chk with the hotel concierge).Not all cab can go up.Only certain colour cab.
~ I heard about Sentral and Pudu Raya bus terminal having buses going to Genting. Are they the same terminal? What type of buses are they using ? What is their time schedule and how much do they charge ? DO they go straight up to the Genting hotels or we need to change to cable car ?
We went Pasarakyat which is abt 5-10mins(initially thou can walk but cos traffic condition quite bad so took cab costing abt M$10) fr Bt Bintang area to Pasarakyat then take coach to Genting.Costing M$32 for 2Adult & 2 Children.It includes cable ride.The coach leaves every hr.The whole journey including cable car is abt 1hr 10 mins.
3) Genting Snow World

~ My kids are 3 and 6 years old and are rather small in size. Do they provide winter jacket, gloves and boots for such young kids? Heard it's real cold there and normal sweater is not enough to keep warm. As I do not have any winter jackets at home and I see no point in getting it just for this trip, knowing there is no plan to go to cold country these 2 years.
Any advice / suggestions ?

Appreciate all information and advices .... :pray:

Thanks a lot !!!

qi-er
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Holiday Ideas