Travel: Australia - Sydney

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.
serinder
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Travel: Australia - Sydney

Post by serinder » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:49 pm

great article

CarenL
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by CarenL » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:09 am

I’ve been to Australia last year and I would recommend Sydney for all the major attractions like the Opera House and Bridge, Melbourne because it is a cool city and either the Gold Coast for its beaches and nightlife or Cairns because of the Great Barrier Reef.

Alex75
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by Alex75 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:39 am

I've only been to Surfer's Paradise/ The Gold Coast. And It Is AMAZING!

novels
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by novels » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:35 am

I love Blue Mountains and Port Stephen, stayed 3 nights and 4 nights there still felt not enough lol.

CarolW
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by CarolW » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:17 am

If you want a really intriguing city to spend your holiday then that town is Melbourne, learn this city with hotelbye . Among the prime tourist attractions in Melbourne could be the Royal Botanic Gardens. Recognized in 1846, the Royal Botanic Gardens is rated as among the best of the kind in the world. Covering a place of 40 hectares and with an increase of than 50,000 flowers, including several unusual species, the gardens are visited by 1.5 million persons annually. Still another place worth visited is Federation Square exposed in 2002 to remember a century of federation. The ultra-modern design of open and shut areas juxtaposes the bordering Victorian architectural buildings. That place can hosting significantly more than 2,000 functions annually, tourists will generally discover amusement in the key outdoor performance space and close indoor venues. Federation Square also houses the Ian Potter Gallery focused on Australian art and the Australian Centre for the Moving Image.

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:196

Post by floppy » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:49 am

mondecoinmetier wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:54 am
My Uncle who is @ Sydney has always been trying to get me to drop by there. I am always hesitant to head there. Reason being, there isn't much interesting to see in Sydney. No theme park. If I bring my family along, it would just be a boring trip for my kids. Traveling all the way to just see an Opera House and Sydney, just isn't my kind of travelling itinerary. Is there really any other fun things to do around in Sydney? :thankyou:
Different strokes for different folks.
What would be your idea of 'fun things to do' besides theme park?

EstherP
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:3

Post by EstherP » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:58 am

Hi mondecoinmetier , if you're bored with themed park you can learn to surf at Bondi Beach with your family. If you’ve got teens looking to surf for the first time, Bondi is perfect for any beginner as the beach faces south so you are protected and the surf is not so wild.

bbcxd
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by bbcxd » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:26 pm

With the NSW bush fire going on, should we go ahead to Sydney or cancel the trip?

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:196

Post by floppy » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:42 am

bbcxd wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:26 pm
With the NSW bush fire going on, should we go ahead to Sydney or cancel the trip?
I don’t think it’s possible to advise you to canx the trip or otherwise; it’s a decision that you would have to make.

Nonetheless, it would be worthwhile to monitor MFA for their advisory and NSW Rural Fire Service for the location of the latest hotspots as you plan / begin your tourney. As it stands, the major fires are still very far away.

Oh, and you should probably get your travel insurance done up ASAP.