Travel : Air Tickets

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.

Travel : Air Tickets

Postby miffymiffy » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:01 pm

Hi all
Need advise on booking air tickets. I wanted to book air tickets to Tokyo on the various official website of a few airlines like SQ, ANA, Delta but when I do a comparison on website like Expedia, it actually offers a slightly lower price as compared to directly from airline website. Anyone has booked with expedia or any other reliable source and ended up with a good deal? Or anyone can recommend any good deal to fly to Tokyo either June or Dec this year? Please kindly assist.Thank you. :rahrah:

miffymiffy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Travel : Air Tickets

Postby floppy » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:22 pm

miffymiffy wrote:Hi all
Need advise on booking air tickets. I wanted to book air tickets to Tokyo on the various official website of a few airlines like SQ, ANA, Delta but when I do a comparison on website like Expedia, it actually offers a slightly lower price as compared to directly from airline website. Anyone has booked with expedia or any other reliable source and ended up with a good deal? Or anyone can recommend any good deal to fly to Tokyo either June or Dec this year? Please kindly assist.Thank you. :rahrah:

In general, June and December are bad time to get good deals.

Expedia is an Online Travel Agent with a number of airlines. Hence, it's not entirely impossible that they may have gotten some special fares from the airlines. Nevertheless, it's best to compare the final purchase price (which means having to go through a number of steps) instead of a cursory glance at the fare.

Also, direct carriers between SG and JP tend to be more expensive due to the "convenience" factor. Indirect carriers with one-stop are often cheaper but you will have to spend time in transit at other hubs. Some indirect carriers that you can consider: Malaysia Airlines, Vietnam Airlines, Cathay Pacific.

If you are not adverse to LCC, you can consider Scoot (via TPE) or you can construct your own indirect flight plan using a combination of LCC, e.g. SIN to HKG, HKG to TYO.

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby baymax33 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:18 am

I booked with trivago and it had a deal!amazing....

baymax33
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby miffymiffy » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:21 pm

[
Thanks floppy . Will try my luck on expedia.

quote="floppy"]
miffymiffy wrote:Hi all

In general, June and December are bad time to get good deals.

Expedia is an Online Travel Agent with a number of airlines. Hence, it's not entirely impossible that they may have gotten some special fares from the airlines. Nevertheless, it's best to compare the final purchase price (which means having to go through a number of steps) instead of a cursory glance at the fare.

Also, direct carriers between SG and JP tend to be more expensive due to the "convenience" factor. Indirect carriers with one-stop are often cheaper but you will have to spend time in transit at other hubs. Some indirect carriers that you can consider: Malaysia Airlines, Vietnam Airlines, Cathay Pacific.

If you are not adverse to LCC, you can consider Scoot (via TPE) or you can construct your own indirect flight plan using a combination of LCC, e.g. SIN to HKG, HKG to TYO.[/quote]

miffymiffy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby miffymiffy » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:22 pm

[

Thanks baymax!!!

quote="baymax33"]:offtopic: :offtopic: :thankyou: :imdrowning: :?:[/quote]

miffymiffy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Precious2.lee » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:57 pm

Hi Parents, I have a question regarding changes to my existing booking. I have booked the tickets on SQ to Perth in Jun. Last minute, my parents decided to bring along my little nephew. I tried to book a separate ticket for him but the system does not allow me to book just a child's ticket alone without an accompanying adult. Do you know if there is an option where I can add 1 more child's ticket to my existing booking? Thanks in advance.

Precious2.lee
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby dimsum » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:05 pm

Precious2.lee wrote:Hi Parents, I have a question regarding changes to my existing booking. I have booked the tickets on SQ to Perth in Jun. Last minute, my parents decided to bring along my little nephew. I tried to book a separate ticket for him but the system does not allow me to book just a child's ticket alone without an accompanying adult. Do you know if there is an option where I can add 1 more child's ticket to my existing booking? Thanks in advance.

u have to call SQ ticketing line and purchase over the phone. I did that once.

dimsum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Precious2.lee » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:15 pm

Thanks dimsum. I will call the ticketing line tomorrow.

Precious2.lee
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby pirated » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:26 pm

best time to call is between 3am to 7am, less traffic

high volume calls recently due to bugs in testing new system

certain category of calls are answered in India

pirated
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Holiday Ideas