Bus to Malacca (Hatten Hotel)

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.

Bus to Malacca (Hatten Hotel)

Postby slmkhoo » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:24 am

Question - does anyone have a recommendation for bus services to Malacca (Hatten Hotel)? There are quite a few with different pickup places in Singapore and different fares. We'd want one which goes direct to and from Hatten (I heard that some will go to the central bus station before getting there). How far in advance should we book for the June holidays? Thanks for any tips!

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 8071
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:16 pm
Total Likes: 173


Re: Bus to Malacca (Hatten Hotel)

Postby jetsetter » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:04 am

slmkhoo wrote:Question - does anyone have a recommendation for bus services to Malacca (Hatten Hotel)? There are quite a few with different pickup places in Singapore and different fares. We'd want one which goes direct to and from Hatten (I heard that some will go to the central bus station before getting there). How far in advance should we book for the June holidays? Thanks for any tips!


The better coach coy is Grassland. Yes, Hatten being a major hotel (other 2 are Holiday Inn and Equatorial) will get a stopover. Malacca is very small. You can walk from Holiday Inn, Mahkota Parade to Hatten. Equatorial is very near Hatten as well.

http://www.grassland.com.sg/public_html/malacca.html

There should be one travel agency near your place Bt Timah Plaza? WTS Travel Agency. Not sure where's the pick up location though.

You should book ideally by end of April. Some Malaysia-bound boot/church camps for Jun Hols had their deadlines set on 1st wk of April... For bigger groups and better rooms, you should do it asap to avoid disappointment.

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 13156
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:04 pm
Total Likes: 216


Re: Bus to Malacca (Hatten Hotel)

Postby slmkhoo » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:47 pm

jetsetter wrote:
slmkhoo wrote:Question - does anyone have a recommendation for bus services to Malacca (Hatten Hotel)? There are quite a few with different pickup places in Singapore and different fares. We'd want one which goes direct to and from Hatten (I heard that some will go to the central bus station before getting there). How far in advance should we book for the June holidays? Thanks for any tips!


The better coach coy is Grassland. Yes, Hatten being a major hotel (other 2 are Holiday Inn and Equatorial) will get a stopover. Malacca is very small. You can walk from Holiday Inn, Mahkota Parade to Hatten. Equatorial is very near Hatten as well.

http://www.grassland.com.sg/public_html/malacca.html

There should be one travel agency near your place Bt Timah Plaza? WTS Travel Agency. Not sure where's the pick up location though.

You should book ideally by end of April. Some Malaysia-bound boot/church camps for Jun Hols had their deadlines set on 1st wk of April... For bigger groups and better rooms, you should do it asap to avoid disappointment.

Thanks! We've booked the room at Estadia (next to Hatten) as Hatten didn't have the size we wanted. It's just a weekend for the family as the kids have exams after school reopens in July, and we want to save our leave for the end of the year. Looks like we should get bus tickets soon.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 8071
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:16 pm
Total Likes: 173


Re: Bus to Malacca (Hatten Hotel)

Postby Ikid » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:03 pm


Ikid
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
 
Posts: 812
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:33 am
Total Likes: 21


Re: Bus to Malacca (Hatten Hotel)

Postby Ikid » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:06 pm


Ikid
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
 
Posts: 812
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:33 am
Total Likes: 21



Re: Bus to Malacca (Hatten Hotel)

Postby mummychua » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:22 am

Other than Hatten, Holiday Inn and Equatorial, any other hotels to recommend? hopefully close to the drop off point of the coaches. I have 2 adults, 2 kids (2 and 6). checked with Hatten and Equatorial both are quite costly during the end of May.

mummychua
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:49 am
Total Likes: 3


Re: Bus to Malacca (Hatten Hotel)

Postby jetsetter » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:43 am

mummychua wrote:Other than Hatten, Holiday Inn and Equatorial, any other hotels to recommend? hopefully close to the drop off point of the coaches. I have 2 adults, 2 kids (2 and 6). checked with Hatten and Equatorial both are quite costly during the end of May.


Next big one is where Hard Rock Cafe is. Very near Dutch Square. But more ex than these 3.

http://www.casadelrio-melaka.com


Do you mind staying in century-old 5-foot-way residences? There are dozens of refurnished a la "Little Nonya" courtyards turned boutique hotels near Jonker Street and Jalan Tun Tan Cheng Lock. These are more suitable for families with kids.

Courtyard @ Heeren Boutique Hotel
Heeren Palm Suites
Gingerflower Boutique Hotel
Jonker Boutique Hotel
Hotel Puri

Others are more rugged for angmoh budget backpackers. The per nite price tells it all.

NB: Not soundproof cos old architecture. But extremely quaint and nostalgic :) Quite an experience sipping Melaka white coffee and eating nonya kueh in the courtyard every morning.

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 13156
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:04 pm
Total Likes: 216



Return to Holiday Ideas