Bringing Booster Seat overseas

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.

Bringing Booster Seat overseas

Postby Seunggi » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:34 am

Hi!

A bit of a noob question here. We are heading to Australia end of this month and have rented a car with Hertz. The booster seat that is being charged by Hertz per days is equivalent to a price of a booster seat itself :scared:

So I intend to bring my own. Uhm, question is, how do you know if it fits into overseas car that we are renting? This is my first time bringing my own overseas. Do I need to look out for other things or bring additional stuff (apart from the booster seat)?

Appreciate some insight! Thanks

Seunggi
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Bringing Booster Seat overseas

Postby tankee » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:42 am

No issue

I brought my child's car seat to Melbourne and Tasmania when DS was 2 plus.

tankee
Site Admin

Postby auntiexxx » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:57 am

Seunggi wrote:Hi!

A bit of a noob question here. We are heading to Australia end of this month and have rented a car with Hertz. The booster seat that is being charged by Hertz per days is equivalent to a price of a booster seat itself :scared:

So I intend to bring my own. Uhm, question is, how do you know if it fits into overseas car that we are renting? This is my first time bringing my own overseas. Do I need to look out for other things or bring additional stuff (apart from the booster seat)?

Appreciate some insight! Thanks

A friend of mine had the same problem when they visited Europe last year. He found it expensive to rent the booster seats there, so he bought second hand booster seats (he has twin boys) from Carousell. Left them there after the trip since they were second hand, not worth the trouble bringing them back to Singapore.

auntiexxx
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby mummychua » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:44 pm

from what i know aust has very strict car seat rule. their booster must be with backing. i find it hard to bring such a big configuration on plane although car seat is not included as ur luggage.

mummychua
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby CMF » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:09 pm

Guidelines for different age groups : http://www.kidsafe.com.au/crguidelines

CMF
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Seunggi » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:15 pm

mummychua wrote:from what i know aust has very strict car seat rule. their booster must be with backing. i find it hard to bring such a big configuration on plane although car seat is not included as ur luggage.

Strange .. hertz gave me option for car seat and in there it states that above 18kg use booster seat which is without backing. I was planning to bring the one without backing (even tho over here we still use the full car seat).

Seunggi
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby MrsKiasu » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:35 pm

We checked in our child car seat few times. Just get it wrapped properly at airport.

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jetsetter » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:45 pm

What are the min heights for those commonly visited countries anyway?

I borrowed one from a relative living in EU when we drove there. Kid was 2yo so it was a must. In Aus, we got from car rental...never checked in my own before. My Peg Perego stroller was already very heavy; one more booster will bust my limit as it was a winter vacay with heavier clothes.

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Seunggi » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:49 pm

jetsetter wrote:What are the min heights for those commonly visited countries anyway?

I borrowed one from a relative living in EU when we drove there. Kid was 2yo so it was a must. In Aus, we got from car rental...never checked in my own before. My Peg Perego stroller was already very heavy; one more booster will bust my limit as it was a winter vacay with heavier clothes.

I thought stroller/car seat doesnt get factored into your luggage allowance?

Seunggi
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby MrsKiasu » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:01 pm

If check in car seat then should eat into luggage allowance. For stroller we will leave it outside the plane..think don't need to use the luggage allowance if I remember correctly.

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Holiday Ideas