Oversea Chinese New Year celebration

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.

Oversea Chinese New Year celebration

Postby HappyFaye » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:29 pm

Dear mummies and daddies,

Has anyone been out of SG for a short trip to celebrate CNY? CNY celebration in Singapore is getting less and less festive mood.

I heard kukup is a popular place during CNY. Anyone has any experience to share?

HappyFaye
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Oversea Chinese New Year celebration

Postby MrsKiasu » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:19 pm

I think cny celebration is more of inside the house thing..dont feel so much of festive mood outside without lion dance and fire crackers. Just enjoy it with family members and friends. It would be nice if the younger generation could still enjoy like what most of us enjoyed last time. When not so many people driving last time, we could still see many people dressed up for the ocassion on the street ..now I guess lesser also..

but sorry, haven't tried kukup yet :lol:

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Oversea Chinese New Year celebration

Postby auntiexxx » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:24 pm

HappyFaye wrote:Dear mummies and daddies,

Has anyone been out of SG for a short trip to celebrate CNY? CNY celebration in Singapore is getting less and less festive mood.

I heard kukup is a popular place during CNY. Anyone has any experience to share?

Try this ...

http://www.kukup.bravehost.com/

auntiexxx
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Holiday Ideas