Staycation ideas

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.
janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:135

Re: Staycation ideas

Post by janet88 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:46 pm

Saplings wrote:
Katherin22 wrote:I recommend The Sentosa Resort. It's down near tanjong beach, set up on the hill side. Perfect hotel and location for a relaxing staycation in SG.
I'd rather settle for Shangri Rasa Sentosa.....its near the beach too and much more upscale.
I stayed at shangrila rasa sentosa seaview donkey years ago...thanks to my nice boss who sent a group of us there for training. If I can afford, I don’t mind staying there again. Amara santuary is ok although require walking to universal studios.

areyoustressed
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by areyoustressed » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:40 pm

Lloyd's Inn off Orchard road......

https://www.hotelsandphotos.com/lloyds- ... g-sky-room

EstherP
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:3

Post by EstherP » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:02 am

For my next staycation, i'm planning to stay at D'Kranji resort.. somewhere far and not so expensive but judging from the reviews, it seemed to make me think twice, my budget is below $200

Saplings
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by Saplings » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:25 pm

Zuji Singapore's travel booking site taken down until new platform is ready early next year

SINGAPORE - Local travellers will not be able to make bookings with popular online travel agent Zuji until early next year, as its site has been taken down since Nov 15 for what the firm called necessary improvements.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/ ... -next-year

Saplings
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Saplings » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:30 pm

Six Senses Maxwell which officially opened for business on 1 December 2018 is poised to seduce the sophisticated and well-heeled with its finger on the pulse of upscale accommodation. Evidently no expense was spared in giving the four storey property (comprising a cluster of heritage buildings in the prime central business district) a splashy reimagining spearheaded by revered designer Jacques Garcia, resulting in one dreamy palatial extravagance that scintillates as much as it mystifies.

Breathtaking opulence unapologetically pervades space and atmosphere upon setting foot inside, while prolific manoeuvres of timeless European luxury augmented by resolute glittery and effervescent colors fosters an energetic capacity for gleeful self aggrandizement. The sprawling ground level abounds with a slew of amenities connected by meandering hallways - Murray Terrace (brasserie with alfresco extension), Cook & Tras (social library restaurant cum bar), Garcha's (bar serving artisanal spirits), Rose (lounge cum bar serving champagne and rose wines) plus one quintessential boardroom carved out in the thick of things.

138 guestrooms across seven categories feature on levels two and up, of which we were granted a preview of the merchant deluxe option - stylishly patterned bedroom brimming with French and Italian influences sited next to vintage bathroom accessorized with curated high end fixtures, freestanding clawfoot tub included.

More at https://www.hotelsandphotos.com/six-sen ... ngly-ritzy

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:208

Post by floppy » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:08 pm

Saplings wrote:Image

Six Senses Maxwell which officially opened for business on 1 December 2018 is poised to seduce the sophisticated and well-heeled with its finger on the pulse of upscale accommodation. Evidently no expense was spared in giving the four storey property (comprising a cluster of heritage buildings in the prime central business district) a splashy reimagining spearheaded by revered designer Jacques Garcia, resulting in one dreamy palatial extravagance that scintillates as much as it mystifies.
$390 for an extra-large double bed over the Christmas weekend.
Pretty steep rates but I guess that's what you would pay for sophisticated and well-heeled upscale accommodation :moneyflies:

Saplings
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Saplings » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:23 am

FrancisTiffany
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by FrancisTiffany » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:40 pm

Saplings wrote:UH OH......

https://tinyurl.com/yasnxuww

OMG! seriously?

AnneS
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:3

Post by AnneS » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:23 am

Sooo many great ideas here for a Staycation! Can't wait to go to one of these beautiful places this holiday season. Yay!