All About Luggage

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.
sharon1234
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Re: All About Luggage

Post by sharon1234 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:54 pm

Thanks for pointing it out.
We really need much more discernment these days.
I would give samsonite a miss after reading some other reviews that the old samsonite are durable but not the new ones.

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:50

Post by MrsKiasu » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:08 pm

slmkhoo wrote:
sharon1234 wrote:Hi,
there is Samsonite trade-in at the moment. http://www.samsonite.com.sg/luggage-trade-in/
Thanks for the info. But I discovered that the same items are available at the discounted price on Lazada, without any trade-in! So that means the old bags are really worthless? Will Samsonite just throw them away?
If cant do anything with the old samsonite lug, maybe can use it to store things before put it in store room?

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:227

Post by slmkhoo » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:04 pm

MrsKiasu wrote:
slmkhoo wrote:
there is Samsonite trade-in at the moment. http://www.samsonite.com.sg/luggage-trade-in/
Thanks for the info. But I discovered that the same items are available at the discounted price on Lazada, without any trade-in! So that means the old bags are really worthless? Will Samsonite just throw them away?
If cant do anything with the old samsonite lug, maybe can use it to store things before put it in store room?
Not really convenient as they don't stack well, and they are heavy and bulky. I would rather use plastic boxes which stack nicely. I want to get rid of them as I'm sure that I will never use them for travelling, but so sayang. But if no-one wants them, eventually they will have to go. Space is a constraint.

siling
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:4

Post by siling » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:17 pm

MrsKiasu wrote:
slmkhoo wrote:
Yes it is a good idea. In my house, we use old samsonite bags to store old clothes and winter wear. :)

SuperTutors
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by SuperTutors » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:30 pm

Luggage works well for storing winter clothes for us. Then when we need to use them, we'd take them to the dry cleaners. Don't quite want to use up valuable closet space, because there are hardly any chances of using warm-wear in Singapore :)

kaisuparents
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by kaisuparents » Thu May 11, 2017 9:42 am

Please advise where can I purchase kids cabin baggage, one with cartoon characters.
Thanks

gracie80
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by gracie80 » Thu May 18, 2017 1:30 am

plastic shell rather than those nylon cloth type of shell for me. it's water resistant.

penmighty
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by penmighty » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:15 pm

kaisuparents wrote:Please advise where can I purchase kids cabin baggage, one with cartoon characters.
Thanks
I saw one shop in united square selling it. sorry can't remember the name. it's level 2, next to the famous chinese restaurant

KellyTee
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by KellyTee » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:19 am

Dnls_mum wrote:
clairebear wrote:I like rimowa!!!!!
I heard good things about Rimowa too. I was chatting with an air steward during one of my trips and he has so much good thing to say. But so expensive lah!
Yes Rimowa is really expensive. I am a heavy user and i would say, if there is a promo, i will definitely grab. My old Rimowa lasted me 12 years with heavy usage ....... i used other brands like Lojel (don't like cause bag itself is very very heavy), Samsonite (not bad, expensive too) , American tourister ( not lasting , spoil after a few trips) , Delsey ( ok but getting more expensive.
I would say Romowa and Samsonite will be my top pick.

I also notice that if you sign on a yearly travel insurance these days with certain insurance companies comes with a Samsonite medium size luggage that i find it useful. So if your family at least travel 3 to 4 times (including malaysia), it is better to buy the yearly travel plan cause its cheaper, they give free luggage and free vouchers for some.

tankee
Site Admin
Total Likes:24

Post by tankee » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:34 pm

"Smart bags" may not fly if battery cannot be removed

GENEVA: "Smart suitcases" may be able to charge mobile phones or be easily found if misplaced, but unless their battery can be removed they risk being sent packing by the world's airlines.

Global airlines body IATA said it could issue industry-wide standards on the new luggage soon, after some U.S. airlines issued their own restrictions on smart bags, whose manufacturers include companies such as BlueSmart, Raden or Away.

These contain GPS tracking and can charge devices, weigh themselves or be locked remotely using mobile phones, but they are powered by lithium ion batteries, which the aviation industry regards as a fire risk, especially in the cargo hold.

"We expect guidance to be issued potentially this week," Nick Careen, IATA senior vice president of airport, passenger, cargo and security, told a media briefing in Geneva on Tuesday, when asked about restrictions placed by some airlines.

U.S. based carriers American Airlines, Delta and Alaska Airlines all said last week that as of Jan. 15, 2018, they would require the battery to be removed before allowing the bags on board........

Read more at http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/tec ... ed-9471416